General Full Factorial - Optimal Design

V

VijayMaldini

Hi all
I want use DOE for 4 factors and 3 levels each for one response. which would be 81 runs.
When I try to select an optimal design for a General Full factorial (4 factors and 3 levels each), I am asked to choose design points.
I only want main and 2 way interaction.
A
B
C
D
AB
AC
AD
BC
BD
CD
how many design points to select? when i Select 11 or 12 an error window pops out saying the no. of points is less for the terms. Help me out!!

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all
I want use DOE for 4 factors and 3 levels each for one response. which would be 81 runs.
When I try to select an optimal design for a General Full factorial (4 factors and 3 levels each), I am asked to choose design points.
I only want main and 2 way interaction.
A
B
C
D
AB
AC
AD
BC
BD
CD
how many design points to select? when i Select 11 or 12 an error window pops out saying the no. of points is less for the terms. Help me out!!
are you trying to deal with factors with categorical levels/type; Which software are you using! unable to figure out the scenario which you are suggesting..,

but Here's two alternatives which i attempted to
* for a numerical level of factors,
actually you can take up a full factorial 2^4, ==> 16 runs.
OR
a central composite design, FCD, resulting into 30 runs.

* even for categoric factors,
while using the optimal design through Design expert, i simply need to modify the model terms,will result into 37 runs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom