GM says no more tailpipe emissions by 2035, carbon neutrality by 2040

Randy

Super Moderator
Yeah...they smell bad, don't they? ;)

Right up there with making pulp for paper, sanitary waste treatment plants in August in the south, and potatoes getting washed & blanched. I generally volunteer when I have co-auditors, my guts are tougher.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Good job Norway!
I won't say "it's easier there", because it isn't easy anywhere...but they've achieved 93% renewable energy (Resource)...which isn't the same as carbon neutral, but still pretty awesome when it comes to powering those EVs.
Thumbs up.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
From the consumer perspective, the generous tax credits for EV purchases in Norway makes it very attractive to go that route, despite the cold climate and the batteries aversion to low temperatures. Hydroelectric power plants are the reason for such high percentage of renewable energy in Norway.

It is ironic, though, that Norway, after becoming very wealthy with the immense deposits of hydrocarbons in their sector of the North Sea are distancing themselves (slowly and prudently) from oil. Equinor is definitely reinventing itself.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Now if we could find a cost effective way to have Iceland export Geothermal energy...that would be a great thing!
Hmm...don't know much in that area...turning geothermal into electricity...would that slow Global Warming?
Please don't go down that road ... let's stay on EV's... just figured I'd share a stray thought...

I used to make (well, folks working for me used to make) screen printable pastes for making heaters printed on 430 Stainless...used for many things, one of them being fin heaters for EV's so they could warm the cabin despite having no spare heat from an ICE. I wonder if that is still in the design...

brandonpj

Registered
Might really happen. Let's hope so. Anyway, we got to wait and see to know for sure, right? 2035 and 2040 are not that far from now.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
I have a feeling that many of these carbon neutral and net zero claims will use the same type of creative accounting I've seen companies use to show that six sigma projects saved big dollars, when anyone with eyes to see knows darn well they didn't.

Top Bottom