How do I become a Third Party Auditor?

Randy

Super Moderator
Whoa! Sid hit on the hard core stuff too.:yes:

If you are as you say, from automotive and a quality manager I'm sorry but those guys are a dime a dozen. But if you do have credible experience in other management systems areas as Sidney suggested or in a variety of industries or business sectors other than automotive then that could weigh in your favor.

Also.....TRAVEL....That dirty 6 letter word and an absolute reality in this industry. Are you willing to spend upwards to 200 days a year living out of a suitcase like me and many of my friends here? In a couple of weeks I'll be getting flying into XNA (N West Arkansas) airport on a Thursday night at 11:30PM after 4 days of auditing in Maryland, will drive about 100 miles to my house and I will need to be a classroom at 8AM Friday in Van Buren, bright-eyed & bushy-tailed to deliver some training. I will get done on Saturday about 5PM and I fly out on Sunday @9AM to deliver a Lead Auditor course starting on Monday in Renton, WA at 8AM. I fly out of Seattle about 11PM Thursday and I get home that Friday about 930AM after flying all night and I leave again the following Sunday to deliver another Lead Auditor course in San Jose starting 8AM Monday morning. I know it's training, but auditing can follow the same schedule and does. If you aren't willing to keep up with me then you need to look in another direction. It's not just showing up and getting a free lunch.:nope:

Good luck and try to find a mentor, godfather or rabbi that can help in your effort(no insults intended, they are just terms in this context)

Last edited:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
What Randy forgot to add (because he has a hard-working saint, Judy, for a wife) is your family has to be on board with the travel and being away from home for illness, sickness, celebrations, kids' sports, plays, music, etc. and your spouse has to deal with emergencies, leaky roofs, pipes, neighbors, etc.

I pretty much destroyed my first marriage because of my long stretches away from home and I am just starting to get re-acquainted with my children now that they are in their 40s.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
In a couple of weeks I'll be getting flying into XNA (N West Arkansas) airport on a Thursday night at 11:30PM after 4 days of auditing in Maryland, will drive about 100 miles to my house and I will need to be a classroom at 8AM Friday in Van Buren, bright-eyed & bushy-tailed to deliver some training. I will get done on Saturday about 5PM and I fly out on Sunday @9AM to deliver a Lead Auditor course starting on Monday in Renton, WA at 8AM. I fly out of Seattle about 11PM Thursday and I get home that Friday about 930AM after flying all night and I leave again the following Sunday to deliver another Lead Auditor course in San Jose starting 8AM Monday morning.
Slacking off in your old ripe age, Randy? :lol:

Randy

Super Moderator
Slacking off in your old ripe age, Randy? :lol:

Yep, getting into that holiday spirit and all that.

I honestly think that's it for the year, a 14K/18K reassessment, 2 Lead courses and a short course.

Of course I'm home right now doing some test grading, course development, and who knows what else.........

A

amanbhai

I know its a very demanding job. However, all I can say is that I love your work.:cool:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Yep, getting into that holiday spirit and all that.

I honestly think that's it for the year, a 14K/18K reassessment, 2 Lead courses and a short course.

Of course I'm home right now doing some test grading, course development, and who knows what else.........

You're definitely slacking. My next weekday that's not scheduled onsite somewhere (not including Thanksgiving weekend) is December 23rd...

Randy

Super Moderator
All work and no play makes Randy really grouchy:D

I'm headin' to Sierra Vista, AZ next week for a couple of days vacation and decompression

R

rlsavard

Sierra Vista, AZ? I lived there for 2 years and just moved back to PA in June. If you fall in love with it let me know--I've got a house I can sell you!

Randy

Super Moderator
Sierra Vista, AZ? I lived there for 2 years and just moved back to PA in June. If you fall in love with it let me know--I've got a house I can sell you!

Not a chance....I lived in the Mojave Desert 18 years and I spent nearly 29 in the military:nope:

R

rlsavard

Not a chance....I lived in the Mojave Desert 18 years and I spent nearly 29 in the military:nope:

As I'm sure you will notice, Sierra Vista is not anything like a traditional desert. It actually is beautiful--has the Sierra Vista Mountains touching the edge of town to the west southwest, the dragoon mountains to the northeast, the Mule mountains to the east, and another mountain range to the south (in Mexico)--I think they're called the San Pedro Mountains. Anyway, enjoy you're drive down I-10 from either Tucson or Phoenix. While in Sierra Vista you'll only be about 25 minutes from Tombstone. It's kind of cheesy, but might be worth a shot if you find any free time in your sure-to-be busy schedule. There are a bunch of other sites/things to check out. If you're interested let me know.

Top Bottom