How to complete gage R&R when you have only a single sided tolerance

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The spreadsheet jrubio posted R&R 1 Sheet.xls is outdated. It is not using the correct Kx factors, at least the ones that are in the MSA 3rd edition. According to the 3rd edition you should use the new kx factors and when solving based on tolerance divide the approriate metric by 6*Tolerance. Of course this is for a bilateral tolerance. I'm still trying to find what to do with unilateral tolerances.

Can we have a confirmation on this so the sheet attached can be removed if it is obsolete / incorrect?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Can we have a confirmation on this so the sheet attached can be removed if it is obsolete / incorrect?

llapanowski is correct. This spread sheet still uses the MSA 2nd edition constants for 5.15 stdev.

It should be relatively easy for jrubio to update it to the 3rd edition and repost it.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
R&R 1 Sheet.xls removed. Thanks for spotting this and letting us know!

J

jrubio

Dear Friends.

Currently I work for Industry Govermnet so far from the Automobile Sector. I was only updating my files here in this site, but the world continues and everything is changing.

Anyway I think it shoud not be so difficoult to update the unprotected file,

Regards.

M

MetaQC

hi guys,

Please give me some input regarding the format that can be used for the one sided specification for GR&G study. Please see the attachment.

Thanks and regards
YJ

I have read entries on one sided tolerance, only using max .###, allowing zero to be either the max or min.

But how does it work when the characteristic is stated min 0.035.

How can this single sided tolerance be introduced in a Gage R&R?:tg:

Top Bottom