Implications for CE Marking due to Device Modifications by the Purchaser

B

Bulksupplier

I am definitely not an expert in this field, and would greatly appreciate some expert advice!

We have purchased some electrically driven high-speed mixers with the necessary CE Markings, but find that in order to use them for their intended purpose we have to over-ride a safety feature. Specifically, there is a switch to detect if a mixing vessel is fixed in place below the mixer blades before rotation can be started. However, we need to hold the mixing vessel in the hand during mixing to speed up the mixing process and allow quick transfer to a device for measuring the profile of the liquid as it reacts to form a foam. Therefore we have tied back the switch so that it is permanently closed.

We have also installed a cover for the on-off button to avoid accidental starts, given that the mixing vessel inter-lock is disabled.

Do these modifications negate the CE Mark, and if so what action do we need to take to restore it?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Implications for CE Marking due to modifications

:) , I am not an expert too, but THE intended purpose and the technical file as maintained by the electrically driven high-speed mixers manufacturer would cover how this product should be used. Since you are making your own alterations to it to suit YOUR intended purpose, you will have no claim back on the manufacturer for any performance or safety lapse either directly or legally based on it having the CE mark.
As the CE mark on the purchased product is not in your ownership, I guess you can really do nothing to restore it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom