Internal Audit - Process based vs. Procedure based

A

amanbhai

Re: Internal Audit-Process based vs. procedure based

To make my audits process based, I make special checklists for each process based on the procedures, and use "Plan-Do-Check-Act" as a basic framework for asking questions. I ask about inputs, activities, improvements, how success is understood, how corrections are done, specific controls, and the essentials like awareness and communications.

Sometimes I use a turtle diagram and make a process flow chart.

I don't post checklists because using them too often steers the auditor back to what amounts to inspection versus true process auditing.

I ama Planning to conduct internal audits of ISO 9001 and ISO 17020. My question is 1. Can I conduct internal audit of ISO 17020 as a process based audit like ISO 9001 ? 2. I will be auditing ISO 9001/ 17020 both at the same time. Will it be practically possible to audit process based audits for both standards? 3. Are all ISO standards are process based? :thanks:

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Internal Audit-Process based vs. procedure based

I ama Planning to conduct internal audits of ISO 9001 and ISO 17020. My question is 1. Can I conduct internal audit of ISO 17020 as a process based audit like ISO 9001 ? 2. I will be auditing ISO 9001/ 17020 both at the same time. Will it be practically possible to audit process based audits for both standards? 3. Are all ISO standards are process based? :thanks:

If this is an internal audit, why are you auditing to ISO standards? An internal audit is supposed to be of the existing system (QMS etc.) as impplementated to determine its effectiveness. So, may I ask, why would you be worrying about whether a process approach and the standards are compatible?

Top Bottom