Internal ISO17025:2017 Compliant Reporting

TheAxiomaticHamster

The hamster is undoubtably real.
A bit of premise: I worked in an ISO17205 commercial calibration lab for close to 10 years, and reporting of results was pretty straightforward. We always issued some report with data on all calibrations.

Recently I joined a company and am supporting their internal calibration program within an AS9100 framework. We have requirements to comply with ISO17025:2017, but not become accredited (yet). Our record retention is very good, and we keep all information about a calibration in a secure database.

My question is this: if we are calibrating our assets internally, and we retain all information set out in ISO17025:2017 Section 7.8.2 and 7.8.4 (for calibration reporting) within that database record, do we need to even create or issue a certificate? Or can we retain all of the information in the database record for that asset to be recalled as needed?

Additional information: we do report to the end users when assets are found out of tolerance, and disposition accordingly.

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
My question is this: if we are calibrating our assets internally, and we retain all information set out in ISO17025:2017 Section 7.8.2 and 7.8.4 (for calibration reporting) within that database record, do we need to even create or issue a certificate? Or can we retain all of the information in the database record for that asset to be recalled as needed?

Additional information: we do report to the end users when assets are found out of tolerance, and disposition accordingly.

Good day @TheAxiomaticHamster ;

1- do we need to even create or issue a certificate?
No .

Hope this helps.
Be well

Last edited:

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource

17025:2017 covers this:

7.8.1.3 When agreed with the customer, the results may be reported in a simplified way. Any
information listed in 7.8.2 to 7.8.7 that is not reported to the customer shall be readily available.

You must generate and retain all the data that would be in a certificate, but you don't need to issue one. The intent is that you must be able to recreate a certificate / calibration report if required to.

Top Bottom