Internal Testing and Calibration Laboratories - MSA, Gage R&R and Control Plans

Q

qualityboi

Should there be a relationship established between the MSA / GR&R for internal lab testing/calibration equipment and the control plan? We also have inline measurement tools that we do GR&R on, and plan on having that information in the control plan and I am wondering if we need to include our lab's MSA as well.

Thanks for any feedback,

James

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Internal Labs, MSA and Control Plans

Should there be a relationship established between the MSA / GR&R for internal lab testing/calibration equipment and the control plan? We also have inline measurement tools that we do GR&R on, and plan on having that information in the control plan and I am wondering if we need to include our lab's MSA as well.

Thanks for any feedback,

James

I think you have the requirement backwards. If a given measuring device is cited in a control plan, MSA is required. This doesn't mean that all measuring devices must be cited in control plans.

D

Dave Dunn

Re: Internal Labs, MSA and Control Plans

To quote from 7.6.1, "Statistical studies..(bla, bla)...test equipment system. This requirement shall apply to measurement systems referenced in the control plan. (bla bla)

If I follow the logical progression correctly from what Jim has said, it also means that not all gages that you calibrate need to have MSA completed, but it is required on any measurement systems listed on your control plans.

Top Bottom