ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company?

BeaBea

Involved In Discussions
Wow Roxanne That was a lot of really great content! Thank you for your take on all of this! I'm meeting with my management team next week and I will definitely bring up some major points that you brought up.
This was very helpful! I really appreciate you taking the time to give your input!

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Your sales team will also be seeking new opportunities to serve existing customers to better serve their customers.

In other words, is your system creating more successful customers?

Pjservan

Involved In Discussions
Other than the ideas that have been provided, I will suggest talking to yur Project/Program managers and see if they are receiving CPARs (Contractor Performance Assessment Reports). These a common vehicle use for various goverment contracts to evaluate work. I have also seen companies use contract renewals or exercising on option years as means to also indicate customer satisfaction.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
And consider the value of measuring to improve customer satisfaction with the quality of your services in terms of their:

1. Reliability: the ability to perform the promised service dependably and accurately
  2. Assurance: the knowledge and courtesy of employees and their ability to convey trust and confidence
  3. Tangibles: the appearance of physical facilities, equipment, personnel and communication materials
  4. Empathy: the provision of caring, individualized attention to customers
  5. Responsiveness: the willingness to help customers and to provide prompt service

See SERVQUAL - Wikipedia

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello there!

I am brain storming ideas to implement new customer feedback methods for my company.

Currently our Sales team will periodically make follow up calls to ensure the products were delivered, but none of those conversations are documented or analyzed.

While creating this new QMS for the company and taking several ISO courses and creating the ISO program for the company I've been focusing on this huge hole we need to fill in this area.

I'm interested to hear what are some methods you have used that have worked, and what are some that have not worked..?

I'm thinking of implementing a 'survey method' to send customers.. but what are some other ideas? and how did you document and analyze the results?

side question: When and if we continue to use phone calls as a means of "customer feedback" how can we properly document those conversations? Create a form with the customers response?

Thank you in advance for the feedback!

This is such a frustrating concept for just about all individuals concerned. AS9100 came up with a formula and show you how is done.

You should be aware of customer satisfaction by listening to them (NCR, Mateial returned, compalint, and phone calls.). You should measure the Quality and On Time delivery to customer. Furthermore, You can still use the survey but it is so subjective and you can not replicte the results. Remember that the customer is paying for a product or services and the wanted on an agreeable time schedule.

Susan atSLAMResource

Starting to get Involved
For customer satisfaction, we look at repeat business.... we considered that if the customer is coming back, they must be satisfied.
so annually we review sales and determine a percentage of customers that ordered this year, ordered more than once this year, ordered this year and last year and ordered every year.... (some customers only order 1/year, but they order every year.... for that product....).
we then compare the stats from one year to the next.
You can then also dive down into which customers are re-ordering, who is not re-ordering, why.... is it a sectorial issue or is it a customer issue / sales person issue..... what is happening with new customers from last year, did they place an order this year or not.....
As well, quarterly we tally any positive and negative customer feedback collected during phone calls or emails with our customers. This is more informal, so we can either print out emails (as 'evidence') or we have a customer satisfaction form that we can fill out if it is verbal. We have included suggested questions to ask the customers (quality of product, on-time delivery, website ease of use, would the order from us again....). This is less useful to us, but provides information for the auditor (which is not a great way to do something, but seems to be needed... for us the repeat business is really what we delve into and discuss).

Top Bottom