Life on the Road - The worst business trip of my life

R

ralphsulser

I had a similar experience, except I was the one on the outside. The desk gave me a key card for the room. I was about 6:00PM. I went to the 2nd floor, found the room and opened the door. BUT...there was a black sheer nightie laying across the bed, and I heard the shower running. So I slowly and quietly back out and gingerly shut the door. The back down to the front desk to get it resolved. I'm sure glad she was in the shower.

psyched1

Involved In Discussions
It has become one of my wifes favorite stories. Believe me the next day I was embrassed when I meet the man on the way down to the breakfast buffet. He was great about the whole thing and we had breakfast together and talked about all our work, families and mis-adventures of traveling.

T

tomvehoski

The simple solution to all of this is to immediately put out the Do Not Disturb sign, deadbolt and chain your door as soon as you enter your room - even if you are not in Detroit.

Q

qualityboi

After going to Puerto Rico last year for an audit I realized I was highly allergic to squid (just putting it my mouth causes a reaction) swallowing it caused vomiting and dizziness (no hives for some reason). I went to Japan this year and made it clear to all people involved in the audit that I was allergic to squid. Sure enough we had sushi and even though there was no squid in it, the food was prepared on the same board using the same knives and was presented right next to the squid on the same serving board, enough to give me another reaction of the exact same type as in Puerto Rico...Some people may frown upon seeing a Burger King in a foreign country and see it as culturally deficient, I say...let them eat squid! :lol:

Randy

Super Moderator
I learned a long, long, long time ago, whilst traveling in distant lands, as a young Marine, to never, never, never ask what kind of meat was on the ever present "meat-on-a-stick".

It still holds true to this day....just savor the flavor:lol:

Top Bottom