List of Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Codes

S

SteveK

Hi ! :agree:

Could you please help me to find the UMDNS for a Dental device . This Dental device is Dental Diamond Burr .

1 - It is being manufactured in many shapes & types . Does a UMDNS code determines for all types & shapes or does it have just one Code for all Dental Burrs ?

2 - What is UMDNS Code for Blank shanks of this Device before coating with diamonds ? For your information This device after diamond coating is being named as Burr but before it is being called shank .

3 - Is it the same as GMDN Coding system ?

Thank you so much for you help .:thanx:

I think I pointed out in another thread that you can join ECRI for free to access UMDNS codes.

https://www.ecri.org/Pages/default.aspx

Anyway in their listing they have:

UMDNS
10519 Burs
10521 Burs, Dental
16668 Burs, Dental, Carbide
16670 Burs, Dental, Diamond
16669 Burs, Dental, Steel
11341 Burs, Dental/Oral Surgery
21369 Burs, Surgical, Bone

No mention of the word 'shank'

GMDN is based on UMDNS codes and other coding systems. It is possible that some of the above have been retained as GMDN code numbers - but without accessing (i.e. paying) GMDN I could not be sure as they are often updated.

I've indicated before that you can access the TGA site to do a product search and find GMDN codes that way - noting again the codes listed could have changed since original registration.

https://www.ebs.tga.gov.au/ebs/ANZTPAR/PublicWeb.nsf/cuDevices?OpenView

When I did a search on 'Dental Bur' I found a device that was registered in November 2011 as:

GMDN 16670 Bur, dental, diamond

And one registered in August 2011 as:

GMDN 16669 Bur, dental, steel

So there is a good chance these codes are still current!

Steve

A

a friend

ِDear Steve ,

Many Thanks for your kind help . It is too much helpful :thanks: . I highly apprecaite you . I have registered on the mentioned site as you have addressed .

once more thanks :thanks:

B

Brain

Re: gmdn codes

I just want to find out if this link is still active. I am trying all the links in all the forums and i cannot seem to get success with the GMDN codes list.

Thanks all for the help so far

S

SteveK

Sorry about calling you Brian in the other GMDN post (dyslexia rules KO!).

Steve

C

CBAL08

In relation to the GMDN code. What does it take for a small company to be the member. What are the benifits of being a member?

M

MIREGMGR

What does it take for a small company to be the member.

Just pay the annual membership cost. No other requirements.

What are the benifits of being a member?

Legal use of GMDN codes, i.e. avoidance of risk of intellectual-property lawsuit. Ability to have codes specific to your needs prepared for you on request. Knowledge that you aren't a "freeloader".

C

CBAL08

Thank you for your answer. The annula membership cost is paid once a year and then the Annual renewal fees is paid every year.
Once we are the member we can choose the codes. What I did not understand in the Schedule B membership -licence details is the ( Includes access to codes for selected terms). Does that eman we have access to have only 15 codes? Are these codes created ourselves?? Please suggest.

M

MIREGMGR

In addition to your organizational membership, you have to buy a code pack, and additional code packs as needed to meet your eventual needs.

An organization that needs only a few codes therefore can have lower costs than one that needs to use many codes.

Top Bottom