Manufacturing flowchart SaMD

TomQA

Involved In Discussions
Hello,

the MDR requires us to create a "Manufacturing flowchart" of our medical device. If the medical device is a SaMD : what would be the manufacturing flowchart ?
Thanks !

TomQA

Involved In Discussions
It comes from the Team-NB position paper on MDR technical documentation guidance.
Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 15.05.42.png

It was also mentioned in our notified body's guidance.
Thanks!

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
Ah, ok, that helps tremendously.

I'm sure your NB would recognize that there's no "manufacturing processes" per se with software. I would probably still have this section, though, and note that it's a software-only product and reference the build documentation (which should provide sufficient information about the build environment controls and enable a re-build in the future!). Maybe even reference the Software Development Plan which outlines how releases are controlled. I would also describe how I ensure that the binaries from the build get to the right place and are confirmed correct. Should be pretty simple.

DanMann

Quite Involved in Discussions
I've referred to procedures for upload/release of software into cloud environments/repositories and confirmation of their successful upload as "implementation" documents to contrast with "manufacturing" of physical objects (or even physical media containing software) and linked all of these to the same requirements.

Berto_gi

Starting to get Involved
@TomQA : Would be good to know how you proceeded here and if your NB was satisfied with the rationales as presented by Yodon and DanMann. Thanks

Top Bottom