Minitab Coding Help

TracaTraca

Registered
Hello,

This is probably an exceedingly simple question, but how would one code multiple graphs into a single tab? I messed up and deleted a column that broke a tab full of 6 histograms, so I can no longer update it. Making Similar Graphs only crafts them individually. I would like them all to be together, but recreating from the Histogram function deletes all the reference lines I had to put in meticulously.

Reaching out to Minitab, the helpful person gave me this to work with:

mtitle "my output"
hist y
Histogram y;
AxLabel 2;
Bar;
Type 8;
Color 58;
Reference 1 0;
MODEL 1;
SubTitle;
StDist;
Footnote;
FPer;
Footnote;
FPanel;
Title "my response";
NoDTitle;
NoPerFootnote.

Endmtitle

However, while this works fine, trying to paste in my existing graphs where applicable only ends up with errors that I presume is because of the "hist y" field. Does anyone know what syntax is needed there? I'd like to have this able to run:

Histogram Pole;
Bar;
Reference 1 1.44;
MODEL 1;
Reference 1 1.34;
MODEL 1;
Reference 1 1.24;
MODEL 1;
SubTitle;
StDist;
Title "21 Size";
Footnote;
FPanel;
NoDTitle;
Histogram 'Off Eq';
Bar;
Reference 1 1.34;
MODEL 1;
Reference 1 1.24;
MODEL 1;
Reference 1 1.14;
MODEL 1;
SubTitle;
StDist;
Title "21 Off Size";
Footnote;
FPanel;
NoDTitle.

Any help would be appreciated, as I cannot find any resources to help me understand the programming language behind this. Thank you in advance

Edit:
turns out, even getting this to run correctly does not help me. Programming it in manually means that when data changes, Minitab does not have the "update" function that I need. Clearly, I'm asking for the impossible here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom