Multi-Sensor CMM Measurement

Fred_Roger27

Registered
Can anyone advise me on the best system to use for sensor measurement on a CMM? I have an application around fuel cell design, and I need to use

- Contact Scanning
- A non-contact line Scanner
- A non-contact point scanner
- A camera

I have limited space so ideally, I would like this all on one machine
It is hard for me to judge if any of the major CMM manufacturers can achieve this on one machine.

Thanks Fred

ChrisM

Quite Involved in Discussions
In which country does this "problem" arise?
Are you sure that you require all 4 stated methods of measurement? A camera won't per se measure, but will provide images that when used in conjunction with software, can provide measurement information derived from the images

Funboi

On Holiday
It is hard for me to judge if any of the major CMM manufacturers can achieve this on one machine
Have you decided you need a specific solution without talking to a cmm maker? Do you have a cmm? Are you concluding that one machine can’t provide the solution without talking to a manufacturer? I know sales people don’t always know the answers, but they know people who do.

mhannon

Calibration leader
Not sure about all of the features you listed, but we use multiple OGP SmartScopes and love them. They are multisensor systems and use optical, laser, and touch probes. They come in all sizes from compact benchtop units for tiny parts to large capacity gantry systems.
OGP also has many systems/sensor combos other than the SmartScope, but I do not have any experience with those.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Hi Fred_roger27,

What parameters, accuracy are required? Has white/blue light scanning been considered...such as ATOS/Zeiss or similar systems? Here is a general link:

ATOS Compact Scan

Hope this helps - Optomist1

Top Bottom