Non UKAS / EA / IAF accredited certification bodies - Certification company QMS

W

WelshTyke

Re: Don't assume they're a poor company!

Regarding the QMS certification body (non-UKAS). It seems to me my certification body (BSI) is trying hard to protect their market by discrediting QMS.
Our auditor was determined to fins one of our suppliers who had ISO 9001 issued by QMS.
I have to undergo re-certification every 3 years but QMS offer a 10 year certificate!
As we are certified to TS 16949, can we accept our supplier's ISO 9001 certificate when issued by QMS?

I attach a letter sent to me form our supplier which he received from QMS.

Attachments

• QMS letter 14JUN12_1.pdf
    234.9 KB · Views: 165
B

Boingo-boingo

Re: Don't assume they're a poor company!

can we accept our supplier's ISO 9001 certificate when issued by QMS?
The TS standard talks about suppliers having an accredited certificate. The real intent is for an IAF-recognized accredited certificate. Although QMS claims to be accredited, who really knows anything about their accreditation body? Many believe that they are just facade entities, and that view has been expressed here, many times.
If you are concerned in following the INTENT of the TS standard, you should tell your supplier that their certificate is not accepted because it was not issued by a CB recognized under the IAF Accreditation Process.
As for QMS’s letter stating that their certificates are recognized by a long list of prestigious brands, it seems to be just propaganda. I would challenge them to produce evidence that those organizations have “recognized” their certificates. I am VERY familiar with a very large aerospace OEM mentioned in that list and I know for a fact that they only recognize supplier certificates issued by CB’s duly approved under the IAQG ICOP Scheme. They are just name-dropping without any documentation to back it up, in my estimation.

A

Antuk2

Didn't the Ends report mention that QMS claimed to have supplied ISO standards to OFGEM and on investigation it turned out to be correct. Ofgem did indeed confirm that they had been issued 14001 by QMS?

Top Bottom