Phases of ASQ Exam Development

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
We get questions about ASQ Exam from new members or first time exam takers about

Body of Knowledge
Ambiguity of questions
Difficulty of questions
Pass rate- Cut score

here in both Cove and ASQ discussion boards.

I was able to find a free article that explains the various phases of ASQ Exam development with the recently developed CQIA as an example. My thrust is on Page 3 and 4 with shaded portion of the article “Phases of ASQ Exam Development”.

Phases of ASQ Exam Development- Page 3 & 4

I have been requesting ASQ sections to have a ½ -hour mandatory Exam development – explanation session on day 1 of any ASQ Certification refresher courses. It is very important for any one to understand the ASQ exam development process before taking the exam. This way examinee can clear any ambiguity about the exam, prepare and perform with higher confidence.

Allow me to add to the sticky collection in this topic.

Regards,
Govind.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Fellow Covers:
Above thread was created during the Weekend and before week starts, this was lost in the Monday new post traffic..Just want to bring to your attention, as it is important to know the Exam Development Process from ASQ Certification point of view.

Regards,
Govind.

L

Lourna

Good Morning,

I have actually participated in the test develpment process for the CQT and am currently the Liaison for the CQT committee. ASQ will be holding a workshop in August at their facility in Milwaukee. If you would like to be a part of the process please contact me for further information.

Best Regards,

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hello Lourna,
Thanks for the post. It is a great idea to recruit volunteers for Workshop from this forum. You may want to mention few important items:
1. They should have a CQT certification to partcipate in the Workshop
2. The volunteer should be from either USA or Canada.
3. Once volunteered in such workshops, that individual cannot offer CQT courses, write books on CQT, etc. for 2 years (there is an agreement that details even better).

I have been in few. Great experience.
Regards,
Govind.

Last edited:
L

Lourna

Govind,

Yes, this all true. ASQ requires that you sign a disclosure statement. Thank you for bringing that up. The workshops are very rewarding. I need to recruit 6 rookies for the upcoming workshop.

Regards,

H

holly21

I've participated in CQE question writing and exam review workshops and would encourage anyone to volunteer for the opportunity. It is an excellent opportunity to fully understand the scrutiny that test questions go through prior to appearing on an exam, is a lot of fun, and you meet some really interesting people from different industries.

I would never hesitate to participate again.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
......, is a lot of fun, and you meet some really interesting people from different industries.

I would never hesitate to participate again.

Holly, Glad to know you enjoyed.

It also makes people understand that creating an exam question is more difficult than answering one. If you had sat for item writing (Creating new questions) workshop, you will notice that it will take about concentrated 25-30 minutes to create a question that is technically correct, follow the item writing guidelines, and reflect the right cognitive level of body of knowledge. I enjoyed all these workshops.

Regards,
Govind.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I went to a CMI exam writing workshop for ASQ a few years ago and was pretty darned impressed with the process. I enjoyed it very much.

Top Bottom