Product Audits

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
No. The question was regarding Product audit as per the IATF16949:2016 standard, not regarding the VDA standards. VDA standard will be applicable only if there is a CSR (Customer Specific Requirement).
As I read it, The ask was: that IATF does NOT provide enough info on how to conduct PA, in this case "efficient"!

IATF 16949:2016 does not give much detail when it comes to Product Audits. I have recently taken over as Quality Systems Coordinator at my facility and was wondering if anyone could give me insight as to be most efficient during product audits. The more detail the better.

VDA is a "CSR" only of VW. It is an audit methodology utilized by automakers.

I deal with these every single day and host dozens of audits quarterly. The VDA volume is a good document for managing product audits for any org. We have over 100 successful automotive audits and recognized often for our process.

Last edited:

Littlemiss

Involved In Discussions
As I read it, The ask was: that IATF does NOT provide enough info on how to conduct PA, in this case "efficient"!

IATF 16949:2016 does not give much detail when it comes to Product Audits. I have recently taken over as Quality Systems Coordinator at my facility and was wondering if anyone could give me insight as to be most efficient during product audits. The more detail the better.

VDA is a "CSR" only of VW. It is an audit methodology utilized by automakers.

I deal with these every single day and host dozens of audits quarterly. The VDA volume is a good document for managing product audits for any org. We have over 100 successful automotive audits and recognized often for our process.
Do you have a sample of the VDA is a CSR ? I am struggling with product audit format and effectiveness.

Top Bottom