Product Shipment without Signed PSW - Customer does not provide signed PSW to us

V

vimalvg

I have seen a comment in so many PSWs that " if not signed and send within 3 month PSW will be consider as approved".I think this will work.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I have seen a comment in so many PSWs that " if not signed and send within 3 month PSW will be consider as approved".I think this will work.
That only works if you have proof the warrant was delivered into the proper hands. I'm thinking about eviction notices which are fastened prominently to the door, not just dropped on the doorstep. The notice has to be "open and notorious" or it will be reversed by a court. A similar situation prevails in almost any situation where the inaction of one party can create a devastating effect - the party serving notice MUST make sure the other party has little or no excuse to say. "I didn't get notice."

L

lk2012

That only works if you have proof the warrant was delivered into the proper hands. I'm thinking about eviction notices which are fastened prominently to the door, not just dropped on the doorstep. The notice has to be "open and notorious" or it will be reversed by a court. A similar situation prevails in almost any situation where the inaction of one party can create a devastating effect - the party serving notice MUST make sure the other party has little or no excuse to say. "I didn't get notice."
I agree with Wes on this one.

I've got the same problem as Deb aggravated by our Supplies simply shipping product and not giving a monkey's about customer approval.
I sent out a letter to our customers asking them to return their approvals (or confirm the self-certification, which is a CSR's in some companies) or we'll treat is as automatic approval after 20 days from the submission. I got back a flurry of customers sounding all offended, of course the ones who are notorious for not returning approvals shouted the loudest...
I'm still stuck though. Fortunately, our latest TS audit didn't touch on this.

R

rjkozak

Many OEM's approve PPAP electronically now in their own portals & not by hard signature. You can't hold a gun to their head to force out signatures .

Always best to check with your customer . We were rold b7y IATF that if you make due dilligence and request with emails , & phone calls , that if they answer by phone agree that PPAP is ok'd then record the name & title of that person , date & that could serve as due dilligence in cases where electronic approval is not tne norm . Quality systems need to catch up with technology.

Communications also need to be improved with technology . A call to your customer purchasing / SQA can go along way . If they answer the phone or retrun the call... :caution:

Top Bottom