QMS under the MDR

iam1235

Involved In Discussions
Hello, we market a legacy device class I under the directive and will become class IIA under regulation 2017/745, my question is in relation to the QMS update, is it going to concern only post-marketing surveillance (procedure, plan and PMS report)? And for clinical evaluation, we have a report that was written under the directive, do we need to create a clinical evaluation procedure and update the CER report, however no changes have been made for our medical device software.

thank you again

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
Tough question!

You'll have to get a NB to issue a CE mark now, right? And you'll need to demonstrate full design controls compliance, I expect. So if your current QMS doesn't address design controls - and especially software development, you do probably have some updates to make.

With software, IEC 62366 was harmonized under the MDD - not sure if it's yet harmonized under the MDR - but that standard has a method for dealing with Legacy Software that might be helpful. It should allow you to take a risk-based approach to filling in any gaps.

Going to side-step the question about a clinical evaluation other than suggesting you do need to collect clinical data and comply with all postmarket requirements under the MDR for Class IIa.

You should consult with a regulatory expert to ensure you're on the right path.

Top Bottom