Sharing Suppliers Performance Data with Supplier.

Dazzur

Involved In Discussions
Hello everyone,

Still only my 2nd post here (4 months in Quality Assurance now)! It's pretty wild and hard to understand but I'm getting there.

I have an odd question, but is it possible or common at all to share the results of your Approved suppliers list scoring with the supplier themselves?
(Obviously no other sensitive information relating to any other supplier). Also if a supplier is to removed from your approved list, is the supplier themselves notified with conditions of amendment?
The only reason I ask this as if a Supplier knows they're being assessed and their scores (determined internally) are shared with them, it may make them reassess their own quality procedures and pricing (in a positive manner) I suppose it's a bit of a manipulative tactic but I just want the interactions between the 2 said companies to be as smooth and beneficial as possible.
does anyone have any sort of experience with this?

Thank you for any replies, I'll look over these Monday should I receive any, thank you and have a nice weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
This is entirely the decision of your organization, but there are a lot of potential benefits to sharing this information. How is a supplier expected to improve if they are unaware of the expectations and how they are being rated? I have worked with several companies that have shared their rating criteria and it has been beneficial.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hello everyone,

Still only my 2nd post here (4 months in Quality Assurance now)! It's pretty wild and hard to understand but I'm getting there.

I have an odd question, but is it possible or common at all to share the results of your Approved suppliers list scoring with the supplier themselves?
(Obviously no other sensitive information relating to any other supplier). Also if a supplier is to removed from your approved list, is the supplier themselves notified with conditions of amendment?
The only reason I ask this as if a Supplier knows they're being assessed and their scores (determined internally) are shared with them, it may make them reassess their own quality procedures and pricing (in a positive manner) I suppose it's a bit of a manipulative tactic but I just want the interactions between the 2 said companies to be as smooth and beneficial as possible.
does anyone have any sort of experience with this?

Thank you for any replies, I'll look over these Monday should I receive any, thank you and have a nice weekend.
Are you referring to allowing individual suppliers to see the data for the many? I can't imagine that being a good or useful idea. If you must keep score (and there's no good reason to do that either) share with individuals.

Keith_13

Registered
I'll second Miner's comments. It's up to the organization to determine what needs to be monitored and measured to ensure effectiveness of their QMS (assuming ISO9001 certified). Do you have a Quality Manual? If so, it should have provisions for this. Bottom line, if the supplier is providing a good/service that is important to your organization and can impact deliverables to your customer, you should measure their performance and provide them that feedback. If their doing good, tell them! If not, you owe it to them to help them get better. Their success is your success.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Many firms large and small, share what I and others call Scorecard results with each respective supplier...However, there are Internal and External Scorecards; the later is shared with the supplier...the Internal contains, additional information...i.e. prospects for new business, and other data that are considered sensitive, for internal (OEM, etc.) use only.

Hope this helps...

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Hello everyone,

Welcome to The Cove. Quality Management Principle # 7 of ISO 9000 refers to RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT. It states for rationale: "... Interested parties influence the performance of an organization. Sustained success is more likely to be achieved when the organization manages relationships with all of its interested parties to optimize their impact on its performance. Relationship management with its supplier and partner networks is of particular importance...." Further, it provides the following guidance:
Screenshot 2022-08-20 164258.png
A supplier will always be both an asset and a liability to your organization, but like in any relationship, two way communication is paramount for a healthy business association. So, performance data sharing with suppliers is critical, but the mindset needs to be one of mutual benefits; otherwise there is no trust, what tends to lead to dysfunctional business ties.

Some large corporations have comprehensive principles for their supply chains, extending way beyond product quality performance, but also including business ethics, environmental management, regulatory compliance, cybersecurity robustness, health & safety management, etc...

Good luck.

Enghabashy

Quite Involved in Discussions
I see you can refer standard score card criteria of automotive industries , it's useful to common application , but some of critical & tighten criteria could be exclude , i.e. : PPM ; process capability Cpk, Ppk, ,--etc, although this parameters are very effective in critical products which high tangible of safety/ security issues.

*some useful score cards could be adopted from CSR & relevant automotive guidance " DAIMLAR ,M.B --etc."
*You can online share the information & assessment of each supplier & service provider by secure web account with your IT procurement/ facilities , the confidential & security of Info & data should be settled ' special to prevent the competitors - other suppliers ; external parties or intrusion
*the basic criteria for supplier total assessment could be : rejection rate ; on time delivery; accurate quantity as order , other competitive commercial as facilities of paying/price/LC ,---etc.

Top Bottom