Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate in 8 weeks - Online - Is it possible?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Can you describe the nature of this interaction?
I could. Why is the nature of the interaction important in respect to the statement? I would think the implication of my statement was that the nature of the interaction was directly related to 6S activity as supplier, customer, colleague in my own company, colleague in ASQ, and/or instructor at Motorola's "University" where folks from Motorola experienced in using Motorola's own brand of 6S tried to teach other Quality folk their methods.

In my case, Motorola was both a customer and a supplier and throughout the 90s many quality professionals were excited by 6S as an adjunct to other statistical analyses of production until Mikel Harry decided to claim the 6S toolbox as his own creation.

As I said, I respected many practitioners of 6S, but a small number of charlatans and poseurs were leaving a bad odor which clung to even the clever guys who only thought of 6S as a tool, not a new religion with a priesthood led by guys who watched too many kung fu movies and fell in love with belts in different colors.

J

JM_RESEARCH

Hi Al

As an ex University lecturer who has taught many thousands of students both face to face and on-line, better results are usually achieved face to face.

Getting your black belt normally takes at least a year becuase you need to do 3 projects to have a really good grasp of applying six sigma principles, its all about experience.

How someone would do the training and projects in 8 weeks is beyond me and i would strongly advise against it.

If anyone came to me saying they were a black belt from this online training i would not agree and if they went for a job would not employ them.

The projects are whats important at the end of the day as this is your evidense that you understand DMAIC

Thanks

James

T

Target Joe

I ran across this post while looking for reviews on Villanova's Six Sigma program (which I will begin March 1, 2013).

The Black Belt certificate program is taught in 3 modals:

Six Sigma Green Belt (9 weeks)
Lean Six Sigma (8 weeks)
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (15 weeks)

I agree that the most important part (although it will still help on a resume without) is the positive completion of projects. I have worked on Six Sigma projects with my company, Target though a canned system called "ACT", so I am familiar with it. I think that this course can only improve my knowledge and give me something that may make the difference during an interview.

Top Bottom