Stage 1 Readiness Audit - What to Expect?

Paragon468

Registered
We are preparing for our stage 1 audit, and I'm honestly not sure what to expect. Will it just be a review of documentation/procedures against the standard, or will they actually be looking at the operation?

Any experiences you can share are appreciated.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
From my past experience with IATF, stage one was just a document review. Check your metrics. Make sure you had internal audits completed. Stage two is were the fun begins. Good luck.

Randy

Super Moderator
There's never a 100% answer, you might get Pooh Bear or you might get Freddy Krueger as an auditor.

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Mostly document reviews, followed by plant tour, and sampling of key areas to check compliance.
Check IATF rules (5th edition page 42) for more details.

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Stage 1 is after the recertification audit. I know they cover all 3 shifts, if operations occur of course on the shifts. I have been the leader for going on 6 consecutive years. This year I know all the sections that haven't been addressed will be addressed, but could lead anywhere tbh.

Good luck, this year is stage 2, surveillance for me. Next year would be recertification.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Stage 1 is after the recertification audit. I know they cover all 3 shifts, if operations occur of course on the shifts. I have been the leader for going on 6 consecutive years. This year I know all the sections that haven't been addressed will be addressed, but could lead anywhere tbh.

Good luck, this year is stage 2, surveillance for me. Next year would be recertification.
I think you’re confusing surveillance 1 with stage 1. Stage 1 readiness only happens before you are ever certified. After stage 1, you have your certification audit and then 2 years of surveillance audits. Then repeat the 3 year schedule starting with the recertification audit.

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
I think you’re confusing surveillance 1 with stage 1. Stage 1 readiness only happens before you are ever certified. After stage 1, you have your certification audit and then 2 years of surveillance audits. Then repeat the 3 year schedule starting with the recertification audit.
You are correct, my bad. Each company (2) already had IATF so it wasn't the first 3 years. Thank you, @Golfman25, for pointing that out.

Top Bottom