Standard Audit Checklist for New Suppliers

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
how to quickly audit a supplier based on a single visit

Easy. Determine your requirements for this new supplier. Develop a list of audit points. Go visit. Report.

The "standard" checklists you'll see floating around may contain some good stuff, but is likely overkill. Most important is what your organization expects. Just focus on that. Supplier and you will be happy.

Stijloor.

AndyN

Moved On
how to quickly audit a supplier based on a single visit

Before you can reasonably do (any) audit, you have to have a couple of things. As Stijloor says,'requirements'. I'd interpret that as an audit objective - why are you doing this audit? then you have to know what audit criteria you are using; is it a product specification, a corrective action for defective product, the supplier's quality manual etc.

Without a clear definition of these two things which must also be communicated to the supplier, your audit is not likely to succeed.

Once you have these important requirements defined, you can then develop your audit plan and checklist.

If you need more help, come back and see us!

Last edited:

AndyN

Moved On
Another important item is the 'scope' of this supplier audit.

Are you intending to audit their whole quality system? Are you interested in a specific product line. Have they made something for you already and you're interested in knowing more about a specific control?

The scope of the audit defines the 'boundaries' and is important after you've established the objective(s) and criteria.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Dear Shesh,
This same attachment report I have received from VISTEON INDIA, Chennai. I am with Starion India. Please provide your Mail ID. I can help you in a better way with Excellent Checklist Format, that you are looking for.

Sadananda

Hi Sadananda,

If its not confidential, can you share on this website for the benefit of all of us :)

M

mtzfp

Valerie,

Thanks. Our checklist is terrible and I needed some ideas to improve it, this is great.

Top Bottom