Step 7 in AIAG/VDA FMEA form

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
That sounds like an internal audit, not like a report. That is a good comprehensive list of things to audit, thanks for sharing.

My original question was regarding what document are others using to comply with the Step 7 requirements.

Yes, it is an audit and all the data is used for the report as well. The report provides all from above, plus what are risks are (w/ data); how much we have reduced and how much we expect to reduce; shared learnings; improvement activities.

You capture what you got out of the FMEA activity. Am I missing something in your question?

Example: FMEA for widget. My report states widget is low risk because all individual lines are below 20; top risk items will be worked on; Detection could use some improvement; overall risk reduced to date is blah blah;

Casana

Blueberry Nut
Am I missing something in your question?

I suspect so - I'm asking specifically about the new AIAG/VDA FMEA process, which now has 7 defined steps:
  1. Planning and Preparation
  2. Structure Analysis
  3. Function Analysis
  4. Failure Analysis
  5. Risk Analysis
  6. Optimization
  7. Results Documentation
The handbook just says to prepare a report with a summary of the results from the FMEA. I was asking what others are doing for this.

malasuerte

I suspect so - I'm asking specifically about the new AIAG/VDA FMEA process, which now has 7 defined steps:
  1. Planning and Preparation
  2. Structure Analysis
  3. Function Analysis
  4. Failure Analysis
  5. Risk Analysis
  6. Optimization
  7. Results Documentation
The handbook just says to prepare a report with a summary of the results from the FMEA. I was asking what others are doing for this.

Ok...I told precisely how that report can be filled out. Apologies, I have no idea what more you want here. I basically gave you a template for the report. Best of luck since you seem to not understand.

Enghabashy

Let’s to indicating some of FMEA output documents which could be resulted from PFMEA & maybe for DFMEA as well, the following stakeholders could be included but not limited to :

1. Related to customer : many of controls like precautions for use of final products; periodical maintenance & in-house care could be part of end-user catalogue & critical points could be stated as conditions of guarantee also
  2. Related assembly constrain ; technician & inspectors : work instruction , test & inspection , in-house device calibration & error proof instructions also could be resulted as documentations with making the essential communication relevant each dept. & section , all of involved should be aware that it’s FMEA / Risk assessment results ‘ although they did’nt share in FMEA team
  3. Related to suppliers & providers : components Specs, management system ISO 9001 of sub-contractors conditions , authorized test report for each consigment before shipping , ---etc,

• Final report documents should be attached with FMEA study , the report should be directed to top management also , which could indicating / outline the total FMEA outcome , the involved relevant team & technical development plan if applicable

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Ok...I told precisely how that report can be filled out. Apologies, I have no idea what more you want here. I basically gave you a template for the report. Best of luck since you seem to not understand.

With all due respect @malasuerte , I believe it is you who do not quite understand the question being asked.

Step 7 is simply asking (I'm paraphrasing here), the question "so what?" In other words AFTER the PFMEA is completed....WHAT benefits were actually reaped specifically from doing the PFMEA exercise (i.e. quantify the mitigated risks...e.g. compare COQ actual to goal or to previous similar processes, etc..etc..).

I believe @Casana is quite aware of what is being asked and weighing that against the responses being received.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

malasuerte

With all due respect @malasuerte , I believe it is you who do not quite understand the question being asked.

Step 7 is simply asking (I'm paraphrasing here), the question "so what?" In other words AFTER the PFMEA is completed....WHAT benefits were actually reaped specifically from doing the PFMEA exercise (i.e. quantify the mitigated risks...e.g. compare COQ actual to goal or to previous similar processes, etc..etc..).

I believe @Casana is quite aware of what is being asked and weighing that against the responses being received.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

@John C. Abnet I get the ask precisely. I have to write 2-3 of these per quarter for customers very successfully. Hence, If you read my responses, I provided a 'template' of items that can be included as part of the "so what?".

Naatje

Registered
Hi regarding the 7 steps of the AIAG/VDA pfmea. We currently have not completed all fields in the PFMEA, especially the part regarding the function analysis, this to save time. Would this be allowed to have incomplete fields or will this have consequences from a compliance point of view or any other impact?

AndrewK

Involved In Discussions
Hi regarding the 7 steps of the AIAG/VDA pfmea. We currently have not completed all fields in the PFMEA, especially the part regarding the function analysis, this to save time. Would this be allowed to have incomplete fields or will this have consequences from a compliance point of view or any other impact?
I think Customer or auditor may complain about that because FMEA will be threated as incomplete. No Strcture analysis- We don know with which parts consists a process, - no Functional analysis - we dont know what functions of system elements are affecting product and what requierements should be as a process parameters. and so on..

Top Bottom