TV stand or wall bracket?

P

PaulJSmith

Re: TV stand or wall bracket ?

... when I did have a TV it was mounted pretty high.
Sounds like you no longer have one, Marc. If so, kudos to you.

I had my last TV die on me in 1997, and I never replaced it. I also never missed it. That lasted until I got married last year, and inherited my wife's TV. It's a mid-sized flatscreen sitting on a stand about 3' high. We still don't watch it, though, except to watch an occasional movie on DVD. About the only time I ever turn it on myself is to listen to the classical music station via satellite.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Haven't had a TV in years. I keep threatening to buy one, but I've been saying that for a long time now.

My GF and I watch what we want on one of the 3 iMacs here. I have a 27" 2012 on my desk (she has a 24" 2007 iMac on her desk behind me). We usually sit here and watch the 27" when we want to watch something - The office chairs are comfortable and at this distance the screen is plenty big.

Actually I do have an antenna and can get OTA local channels (64 of them) on my iMac, but it's the commercials (other than PBS channels, obviously) that get me. I just can't take them. I do have Netflix (but rarely use it) and I have a large collection of video files and DVDs from over the years.

P

PaulJSmith

Awesome. I do sometimes watch stuff on my computer when I find something interesting. Mostly not, though. I have a house full of musical instruments, and really have neither the time nor the desire to sit and watch television ... which, as far as I can tell, is not really worth watching these days.

somashekar

Leader
Admin

TV stand.
If Its a Hotel its wall mount.
I would prefer to turn it easily to my viewing angle

lnk15

On Holiday
It depends on the purpose. While TV stands used to be the primary way to display a TV, wall-mounted TV’s are gaining in popularity because of their space-saving qualities and attractive formation.

Top Bottom