Elsmar Ownership - PQ Systems

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
I noticed from the recent updates to the Terms and rules and the Privacy policy that Elsmar now appears to be owned by PQ Systems. A few accounts with "PQ Systems" under the user name have also shown up in the forums. Can you give any information on PQ Systems' plans for the Elsmar Cove and if users should expect any changes?

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Howdy jmech,

As I'm sure you know, the best to answer that would be PQ Systems.

I am reporting your post...not because it is inappropriate at all, but just so it gets more visibility and perhaps a faster answer from those who can answer best.

Beth Savage

Helping organizations optimize quality
Leader
PQ Systems
I noticed from the recent updates to the Terms and rules and the Privacy policy that Elsmar now appears to be owned by PQ Systems. A few accounts with "PQ Systems" under the user name have also shown up in the forums. Can you give any information on PQ Systems' plans for the Elsmar Cove and if users should expect any changes?

Thanks for the questions. We are so pleased to be the new stewards of the Elsmar Cove Forum. Our aim is that you will continue to experience the same community of “people helping people” that Marc first envisioned and launched in 1996.

During this transition, you should see very few changes, and your feedback is important to us. In the coming weeks, watch for posts that will help us learn more about your experiences with the forum and gain your feedback. Our new Forum Moderator is Eric Gasper. Please reach out to Eric or me directly with any specific questions or comments in the meantime.

Thanks to all for your continued support and countless contributions to the Elsmar Forum!

Jean_B

In an audit I was thinking a bit about information retention, and wondered whether the treasure trove that is the Elsmar cove had some contingencies.
We know that after Marc it went to PQ systems which was explicitly noted in a thread, but in December 2022 it went to Advantive (acknowledged on the elsmar site itself, but without a forum thread or post). The links however still go through the pqsystems domain.
Wondering about further backups, I checked the waybackmachine but found "Sorry. This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.".
Even any prior versions would not be accessible through this route.
At time of writing Beth Savage was "Last seen Jul 18, 2023". @Eric Gasper : could you please confirm the plans (be they the same or different from PQ Systems') as was done in the case of the transfer to PQ systems? And whether the information will remained preserved for future practitioners (e.g. further transfers or plans for termination)?

Top Bottom