Opinions on internal audit schedule adjustment

qualitymanagerTT

Involved In Discussions
I think the audit would be but i was wondering about the timing componenst

Instead of clause think process/departments/areas

Thanks,
-Karen
How about "consideration the importance of the processes concerned, changes affecting the organization, and the results of previous audits" when deciding on the planned intervals between audits?

qualitymanagerTT

Involved In Discussions
Yes, it will definitely satisfy the requirements of the standard. WHENEVER you are writing a process which has to reflect time, leave it as vague as possible. To tie yourself to a specific time just leaves you open to nonconformances.
Good advice if the intent of your QMS is to avoid nonconformities.

LincolnQA

Starting to get Involved
I'm not familiar with 17025 but if it's anything like 9001 or 9100, you will have to show that your audit(s) address every "shall" statement in the standard. Also, without familiarity of 17025, do you receive annual surveillance audits from your certifying body? If so, when was the last surveillance audit completed and when is the next one scheduled? This question doesn't help your immediate issue but you may be able to fix your concern before the next surveillance audit with a well documented NCR and Corrective Action. I am far from an expert and sort of in the same boat as you...ISO certs are "cool" badges to have...But, you have to maintain them and leadership often doesn't see this...

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I'm not familiar with 17025 but if it's anything like 9001 or 9100, you will have to show that your audit(s) address every "shall" statement in the standard.
Nope. I have never done this and never had to show such.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Top Bottom