Reject Tags - Plastic reject tags that can be erased and reused

S

stbushmen

I am not sure if this is where this question belongs, but I know someone will straighten this out if I post in the incorrect area.

I am wondering if anyone uses plastic reject tags that can be erased and reused? Say for example a person could write on it with a overhead marker or a dry erase marker. Does anyone know of where I can order them from?

Thanks,
Shawn

P

Phil Fields

Shawn,
Why do you want to do this, cost savings?
It seems like there is a possibility of losing information if it is wiped off prematurely.

Phil

S

stbushmen

Yes I was looking at doing it for a cost savings. I think I found a way to make it work.

We can laminate the current paper cards we have in stock, the write on them with a permanant sharpie. The permanant sharpie comes off with alcohol and I know dry erase cleaner works also. So I think that will work. Tried water and it doesn't come off with that either.

Just an FYI for anyone else looking to save some money.

P

Phil Fields

What is the annual cost savings? Are there any programs in place to reduce the number of defects, and has that cost been evaluated?

Phil

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
If the item is to be under review, a reusable tag makes a lot of sense. The means of identifying generally depends on the item's characteristics. What is the item the tage would be attached to?

When working with machined metal objects we used red dye, which could be removed easily as long as one took care not to get the dye on porous or highly visible, critical surfaces. In this way, after MRB the dye could be removed as appropriate.

S

stbushmen

We have projects to reduce our inprocess waste of course. We are running at about a 95-96 percent fpy for an entirely manual process of manufacturing cables. These tags would be used through out our process, incoming, inprocess, and final inspection. These are indentified and a dispostion is then created.

We use approximately 10,000 tags a year I would estimate. The cost is 400 approximately for these. The cost to make 100 tags was about 10 dollars after all is said and done.

We are tagging cables mostly. We use a twist tie to secure them to the material.

Top Bottom