Rejection during Sampling Inspection (Outgoing Quality Assurance)

J

jjremorin

Hi Im a newbie in the field of quality assurance. Would like to know during sampling inspection (outgoing quality assurance) here are the conditions:
i have sample size of 50 units per lot
with sampling plan of Ac:1, Re:2

randomly i detected a reject on my third unit followed by another reject at 5th unit, normally i need to subject the lot as REJECT or LOTOUT (as we have called it), my question is should i still continue my inspection until I finish the sample size of 50 units?

Your expertise is highly appreciated

TIA

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi Im a newbie in the field of quality assurance. Would like to know during sampling inspection (outgoing quality assurance) here are the conditions:
i have sample size of 50 units per lot
with sampling plan of Ac:1, Re:2

randomly i detected a reject on my third unit followed by another reject at 5th unit, normally i need to subject the lot as REJECT or LOTOUT (as we have called it), my question is should i still continue my inspection until I finish the sample size of 50 units?

Your expertise is highly appreciated

TIA

Whether or not you continue depends on what happens to the rejected lot. Leaving aside the efficacy of the sampling plan, if a rejected lot is going to be sorted, there isn't much point in doing the initial lot inspection beyond the point where defectives are discovered.

Top Bottom