Process Capability - TS 16949 8.2.3.1 - How to measure for various processes?

S

suzie

hi,
who can tell me how to measure the process capability of following process?
1)mechanical process
2)brazing process
3)dimesion check process

thanks!

D

D.Scott

Hi Suzie - welcome to the posting process of the Cove. It is nice when a long time member finally posts.

I am sorry but I am not sure if you are looking for suggestions on WHAT to measure on each of these processes or if you are looking for HOW to do a capability study. Could you give us a little more information on what you are trying to do?

In the meantime, if you are unfamiliar with capability altogether, I would suggest you get a copy of the AIAG Statistical Process Control reference manual and start there.

Dave

S

suzie

thanks

thanks, Mr. Scott. and thanks Towndawg.

Acturally, i can't understand the meaning of ISO/TS16949 8.2.3.1.
i wonder what to measure on each of these process. For example, in our company there are :
1) mechanical process: i think Cpk is OK to measure the process capability,yes?
2) brazing process(or melding process):we have measure some product, find Cpk is not very suitable. because the dimesion is ok, but Cpk is less than 1.
3) dimesion check process:we check the product dimesion by jig 100%.we find the same problem with 2).
4)assemble process: i don't know how to measure.

could you help me? thanks! :nope:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I also suggest that you look at the bottom of the page here for 4 'Relevant Links for more information.

You also really should do a Search here in the forums using, in this case, the words 'process' and 'capability' (without the ' around the words).

I did and found many entries including these:

How to measure process capability
and
Ppk or Cpk - Preliminary Process Capability vs. Process Performance

There are a lot of threads here on Process Capability.

You might also like this: Visual illustration of Cp and Cpk

Top Bottom