QFD (Quality Function Deployment) Information Resources -- Are these any good?

• Thread starter qualitygoddess - 2010
  • Start date
Q

qualitygoddess - 2010

A specific set of questions regarding some references. I already did a Cove search on Quality Function Deployment--QFD, and am trying to supplement what I learned there.

Specific to books: does anyone have an opinion about the usefulness of these QFD books: Cohen (1995), Quality Function Deployment, How to Make It Work for You OR Day (1993), Quality Function Deployment, Linking a Company with Its Customers.

Specific to on-line tutorials: does anyone have an opinion about the e-course offered by ASQ? Has anyone tried any of the "free" courses? For example, has anyone tried the design4x.com course on QFD? Or isixsigma.com?

Any insights appreciated, as I am trying to find the best sources for my self-education.

--JM

W

wmarhel

QFD Reference Material

qualitygoddess said:
Any insights appreciated, as I am trying to find the best sources for my self-education.
--JM

One reference book I use on QFD is "Quality Function Deployment, Integrating Customer Requirements into Product Design" by Yoji Akao, editor. It's not a bad book with plenty of diagrams and charts.

I have some other presentations, spreadsheets, etc. which I'll post later once I dig them up.

Wayne

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Although we don't use the technique here, I have read a few books on the subject. One I found particularly good regarding the "basics" of using the House of Quality is titled "Step-by-Step QFD Customer-Driven Product Design" (2nd ed. - 1997) by John Terninko. It is available from St. Lucie Press.

Top Bottom