Distribution of Procedures to the copy holders (evaluate my matrix)

B

blue moon

Dear friend we are a small company we havn't quality manager and maintenance manager , only we have a QC man and technichan for maintencnace work under the authority of Technical operation manager

we refere in our proceudre and manual to Quality and Maintenance.

My Questions :

1. if i refere in the procedure to any one with a responsibility . Is it required to have a controlled copy from this procedure?

2. If a QC man represent a Quality So is it required to have a copy from the Management Commitement and Management review procedure ?

3. As standard requirement all people asked to control of their documents and record , is it mean that all department head must have a copy from the control of document and control of record procedures?

4. i attache my procedure distibution matrix contain all procedures and copy holders and who get a copy, can u evaluate it?

because my big problem now, really the QC Man will represent the Quality but he is not engineer and can't deal with this procedures , and i already make the procedure and he have respobsibilites with many job

please help

Attachments

• Documents distribution matrix F304.xls
    28 KB · Views: 378
Last edited by a moderator:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Dear friend we are a small company we havn't quality manager and maintenance manager , only we have a QC man and technichan for maintencnace work under the authority of Technical operation manager

we refere in our proceudre and manual to Quality and Maintenance.

My Questions :

1. if i refere in the procedure to any one with a responsibility . Is it required to have a controlled copy from this procedure?

2. If a QC man represent a Quality So is it required to have a copy from the Management Commitement and Management review procedure ?

3. As standard requirement all people asked to control of their documents and record , is it mean that all department head must have a copy from the control of document and control of record procedures?

4. i attache my procedure distibution matrix contain all procedures and copy holders and who get a copy, can u evaluate it?

because my big problem now, really the QC Man will represent the Quality but he is not engineer and can't deal with this procedures , and i already make the procedure and he have respobsibilites with many job

please help

ISO 9001 said that the top mgmt must select the quality mgmt representative.
I think that you could have a problem on the system, more than on the documental one.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Well, if the intention is to show who has a copy of which document, it achieves that. I would suggest that instead of putting a '1' in each box you could put the version of the document.

On a slightly different point, it looks like an 'old style' system which has been developed around the clauses of the standard rather than the processes of the business. e.g. Do you really need a procedure called 'management commitment'?

B

blue moon

ISO 9001 said that the top mgmt must select the quality mgmt representative.
I think that you could have a problem on the system, more than on the documental one.

Dear Friend we already have a Management represntative but we assign quality becuase there are several tasks made by Quality

and QC man do it and when i mean QC Man represent Quality i mean that he will make a report to Management Review, data analysis report and other thing related to QUALITY becuase we didn't have a Quality Manager

B

blue moon

Well, if the intention is to show who has a copy of which document, it achieves that. I would suggest that instead of putting a '1' in each box you could put the version of the document.

On a slightly different point, it looks like an 'old style' system which has been developed around the clauses of the standard rather than the processes of the business. e.g. Do you really need a procedure called 'management commitment'?

May be it will not required , but i have a question of i delet this procedure where i will add its content ?

Is it sufficient to use Quality Manaual only ?

if i use some forms inside this proceudre when i delet the procedure how i refer to this forms ?

Colin

Difficult to say whether you can delete it now, I don't know what is in it and I can't imagine which forms are related to it. I guess I was referring to the fact that just because there is a clause, does not necessarily mean that there should be a procedure.

Certainly much of what is in 5.1 and 5.2 can often be addressed in the quality manual, its what I usually do. They are more about having a commitment to do something rather than the practicality of 'how' you do something.

B

blue moon

ok friend but in General it is a new question , if i have such procudre not mandatory in the standard

and i have some forms related to this procdure how i can refere to these forms , is it sufficient to depend on Quality Manual to make a breife descriotion to this activities and refere to forms

as example :
if i will not have a procedure to HR , but i have some forms related to determine training need and training evaluation

can i refere in the Quality Manaual , that we privde training to achieve the necessary competence and evaluate training and refere to the forms used for this

Colin

You can certainly refer to the forms from the quality manual but you have a procedure called competence, awareness and training - should the training forms not go there?

B

blue moon

but competence, awareness and training procedure is not mandatory , so i was asking if i can add the forms related to training in the section explain the Humen resources and you ask me it is OK

specically i have another customer want to implemet ISO 9001 , he is a retail have 5 employees only

Colin

but competence, awareness and training procedure is not mandatory , so i was asking if i can add the forms related to training in the section explain the Humen resources and you ask me it is OK

specically i have another customer want to implemet ISO 9001 , he is a retail have 5 employees only

Sorry, I was referring to the matrix you posted - I didn't realise you were discussing a different system. Yes, you can address it in the manual if you wish to do so. ISO 9001 requires control over the processes. Except for the mandatory 6 where it states that there must be a documented procedure, it is down to the organisation to decide what works best.

Top Bottom