How to make an X Median symbol (capital X with a tilde on top) in MS Office

mdurivage

Quite Involved in Discussions
Does anyone know how to make an X median (capital X with a tilde on top) in MS Office?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Mark

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Does anyone know how to make an X median (capital X with a tilde on top) in MS Office?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Mark

Try this: at the spot where you want the symbol, type X 0303 (with the space) and then alt+x. This results in the tilde being offset a little bit to the right, but it works. There are a few other methods here (where I found the one above) but I haven't tried them.

mdurivage

Thanks for your help. I just stumbled onto another method. In MS Equation Editor, the top row 3rd column is a drop down menu. On this menu in row 4 column 3 there is an option for placing a tilde over a character.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Posted on Facebook Wall:

Rio B P Simbolon: Mark you already try with simbol, or equation. If equation, click insert, then click object, then click equation... You will find how to create a formula, but you can find Xbar.

mdurivage

Re: Which MS Office program? Excel? Word?

I am working on a trending project, and thought that creating a table for selection of control charts would help 'standardize' the way the various plants would collect and report data. Do do this, I started with Visio and decided it was easier to use Word.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Thanks for your help. I just stumbled onto another method. In MS Equation Editor, the top row 3rd column is a drop down menu. On this menu in row 4 column 3 there is an option for placing a tilde over a character.

I forgot about Equation Editor. :eek:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
yes equation editor is the best method for such formulas.

in word they can be in line witht the text.
Powerpoint is problematic as it doesn't treat editor objects as text so they can't be part of the text. teh choices here are to use either the font MS Microsoft Reference or symbol insertion. or other tricks such as those Jim propsed

EXCEL will allow equation editor but it treats it as a drawing object and so you can't place it IN a cell...

mdurivage

yes equation editor is the best method for such formulas.

in word they can be in line witht the text.
Powerpoint is problematic as it doesn't treat editor objects as text so they can't be part of the text. teh choices here are to use either the font MS Microsoft Reference or symbol insertion. or other tricks such as those Jim propsed

EXCEL will allow equation editor but it treats it as a drawing object and so you can't place it IN a cell...

Sure would be nice if all of the MS Office products played together!:argue:

Top Bottom