Use of Published IMDS Data from our Raw Material Supplier

sinned

Registered Visitor
Dear all,

If I make use of published IMDS data from our raw material supplier in my component MDS and submit it to my end customer, will they be knowledgeable of our material supplier as a result ?

- sinned

Alex73

Involved In Discussions
Your customer will always see the original supplier name of the raw material on your MDS.
On the attached example, the published MDS ID 7646405 one can see that it is used a material from the IMDS-Committee.

Alex

Attachments

• mds_7646405.png
    mds_7646405.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 248

sinned

Registered Visitor
Thanks Alex.

In this case, if the company policy is NOT to disclose information of our supplier to our customers, then we will have only two options: a) re-create the mat'l MDS by ourself; b) always use published mat'l MDS from the IMDS-Committee/ILI Metals.
Right ?

Yet another question I have here:

The IMDS manual recommends always to use published material data from IMDS-Committee/ILI Metals. If our supplier actually send us their own MDS that is slightly different from the standard MDS from the Committee for the same mat'l, which one shall we use ?

b.rgds - sinned

Kimmy

Involved In Discussions
I think the supplier is shown only if they publish the MDS in IMDS. If they submit the material module to only you and you insert the module into your MDS then your end user doesn't see the manufacturer. I hope someone else can confirm?

Alex73

Involved In Discussions
I think the supplier is shown only if they publish the MDS in IMDS. If they submit the material module to only you and you insert the module into your MDS then your end user doesn't see the manufacturer. I hope someone else can confirm?
Yes, it is correct. Only suppliers of published MDS are shown.
This was more evident on previous releases of IMDS because we could see from the customer point of view...

Top Bottom