EN 60601-1:2012 - Requirement to use an Electrical Safety Sign on Products

C

curiousone

I need to know if we are required to use an electrical safety sign on our product. It is a hydrocollator (230 V, 765 Watts, class 1 Type B). EN 60601-1:2012 states the use of a safety sign for a risk that is not obvious. I would say that an electrical hazard would be present with any electrical device/product, and that the hazard is obvious. With that said, must we place an electrical hazard sign on the product? I thank you in advance for your help.
:thanx:

M

Murphys Law

Can someone open it up and start to monkey around with the wires / touch connectors to fix a machine malfunction ? If so, you may need such a warning.

If it is sealed/can only pull it apart by a specialized technician then no.

240V/ 765W will potentially electrocute someone. Not all electric equipment requires hazard signs: It depends on ability to kill with 'normal use'.

C

curiousone

Thank you Murphy's Law for your advice. No; the wires cannot be accessed without the use of a tool and the manual clearly states to return the device to the manufacturer for servicing. Servicing must be performed by the manufacturer or the warranty is void as well.
I have decided to place the warning sign on the back side of the unit just as another way to mitigate risk.
Thanks for your help, I just wanted to make certain that my understanding was correct.
Have a great day!:agree1:

Top Bottom