Forum Search Problems - Fixed 11 DEC 2007 @ 8.00pm est (US)

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I was doing some searches and have found that the MySQL FullText search is not working properly. I'm looking into what the problem is.

Marc

Leader
Re: Forum Search Problems

Note: The Search database is being rebuilt. This takes about 45 minutes or more, so searches may produce unexpected results for a while.

Marc

Leader

This thing is sill chugging away. It's a pretty big database and the way it now looks it will take a couple of hours to do everything I have to do.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I should have the Search function working by noonish.
In the meantime, on the Search page, please use the Google Search box.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

This thing is sill chugging away. It's a pretty big database and the way it now looks it will take a couple of hours to do everything I have to do.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I should have the Search function working by noonish.
In the meantime, on the Search page, please use the Google Search box.

Marc,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
We appreciate your hard work.

Stijloor.

Marc

Leader

When we migrated the server, we didn't copy over old .ini, .cnf or .conf files because we wanted to make sure the settings files were all valid for the versions we put in. We forgot that MySQL's FullText Search has a default search word length of 4 letters which overrides vBulletin settings (set to 3 letters).

It's still chugging away indexing. I forgot how long this takes. We have a lot of posts so it's a long process. I'm extimatng it's about 50% done about now, so there's still a ways to go.

As an FYI: FullText Search in vBulletin

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

When we migrated the server, we didn't copy over old .ini, .cnf or .conf files because we wanted to make sure the settings files were all valid for the versions we put in. We forgot that MySQL's FullText Search has a default search word length of 4 letters which overrides vBulletin settings (set to 3 letters).

It's still chugging away indexing. I forgot how long this takes. We have a lot of posts so it's a long process. I'm extimatng it's about 50% done about now, so there's still a ways to go.

As an FYI: FullText Search in vBulletin

Marc,

Covers are (usually) very patient. :D

Stijloor.

Marc

Leader

The search should be working OK for now, but the Similar Threads listing rebuild is now starting. That could take a *long* time from what I can see. At least a few hours... It's going very slowly.

Marc

Leader