Any experience/suggestions with mines grading?

S

Sheikbasha

Dear All,

My name is Sheik, I am doing Masters in Business Management, In another two weeks of time i should submit my Research Proposal topic, I am in very confused stage and literally seeking someone's help in solving it. I did my undergraduate in Civil engineering and I wanted to Research something related to Mines trading, but i am not able to get the exact description which i have in my mind set. The Research should be based to Civil engineering field particularly Mines-Grinding, Trading etc...Ihope I'll get some useful tips from You people...

I sincerely appreciate your help

Thanking You
Sheik Bhasha Hussain

C

Craig H.

Dear All,

My name is Sheik, I am doing Masters in Business Management, In another two weeks of time i should submit my Research Proposal topic, I am in very confused stage and literally seeking someone's help in solving it. I did my undergraduate in Civil engineering and I wanted to Research something related to Mines trading, but i am not able to get the exact description which i have in my mind set. The Research should be based to Civil engineering field particularly Mines-Grinding, Trading etc...Ihope I'll get some useful tips from You people...

I sincerely appreciate your help

Thanking You
Sheik Bhasha Hussain

Hi, and welcome. There are a few of us here who are in the mining field, though not a whole bunch. I'm sure we will try if we can.

What, exactly, do you mean by "mines trading"?

Are you interested in process improvement, admin, or...?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This is a bit far afield of the subjects normally discussed here. I hope someone has an answer, but then again. I'm not even sure I know what Mine Trading or Mine Grading is. Can you explain?

S

Sheikbasha

First of all tnx guys ..I really didn't expected this much quick response, I now have quite confident that I'll be success in getting my topic..

I am talking about general trading only ...like Export ..I want to do research in Mines ...What that industry is about ...what are the workes involved in it ...what are the areas of improvement? where we can improve / add value to improve the profitability of the company....

Like I know, One company in India..who do mines trade ..i.e. they usually take minerals such as quartz, limestone, ferro silicon, glassy,smoky..from the land ..and they chip them into small sizes (10-15cm) ..they divide them into A, B, C category and sells to their retailers... But what i found in their process is not only them i have visited four to five companies ,...they all are not properly organised are their standards are very minimum..

After analyzing these facts, somehow i got interested in this field and wanted to do some research..like how to perform that particular business in better way....To be honest I dont have any idea about that industry....but verymuch interested to learn about that....thats y i wanted to do the research in that topic.....

thanks a lot for your response and will be waiting for clear ideas from the expertise...

Thanking you
Sheik Bhasha Hussain

C

Craig H.

OK, one thing I suggest you do is to narrow the scope of your investigation. Sure, you will need to learn about the industry, but trying to write a decent paper about "how to improve processes in the mining industry" would take a lifetime. I know several people who are trying to amass such a volume of work, although they don't intend to publish it as an all-encompassing tome.

Why not look at something specific, such as applying a specific technique to more efficiently/ effectively grade ore coming from that mine in India? If you are in Cornwall, there are kaolin mines there that may provide opportunities closer to home, as well as people who have been in the mining business for a long time.

S

Sheikbasha

Sorry guyz for not replying for two days, but unfortunately i didn't had an internet access for past two days....Some thing specifically means...can it be something like Waste Minimisation Management/Waste Mgmt....or any other You would like to suggest...Plz help me Guyz..still One more week to go....:confused:

C

Craig H.

Sorry guyz for not replying for two days, but unfortunately i didn't had an internet access for past two days....Some thing specifically means...can it be something like Waste Minimisation Management/Waste Mgmt....or any other You would like to suggest...Plz help me Guyz..still One more week to go....:confused:

Well, sure it could, but without knowing the specific processes its hard to say what benefit would be gained. Again, I would suggest taking a narrow part of an overall process from a plant you have access to, if this is the type of project you want to do. Once you have access, than you would need to figure out (by measuring) which process to concentrate on. Where would your efforts deliver the greatest impact?

This is something that you are going to have to define for yourself.

S

Sheikbasha

Hi Craig,

Thanks to your note! Its a research proposal subject in my Masters, I need to submit a report of 3000 words on any topic which is related to management like operational mgmt; project mgmt etc., I need to choose a topic and do some research on it and need to submit it, then if i am successfull i'll be doing dessertation on this topic. As a Civil engineer, I wanted to do some thing related to My field and Mgmt. As I have some Interest in Mines I intially thought I could do something in that. I am a Student in UK, Liverpool. I dont find any plant near by and now i feel its practically not possible to go around the plant and do the research as i has attend the class regularly. Thats why i dont think going around the plant is not a better option for me; this is my current situation.

Can you give me any guidance or suggestions to choose any other better option relateded to my field and interest. :thanks:

C

Craig H.

Hi Craig,

Thanks to your note! Its a research proposal subject in my Masters, I need to submit a report of 3000 words on any topic which is related to management like operational mgmt; project mgmt etc., I need to choose a topic and do some research on it and need to submit it, then if i am successfull i'll be doing dessertation on this topic. As a Civil engineer, I wanted to do some thing related to My field and Mgmt. As I have some Interest in Mines I intially thought I could do something in that. I am a Student in UK, Liverpool. I dont find any plant near by and now i feel its practically not possible to go around the plant and do the research as i has attend the class regularly. Thats why i dont think going around the plant is not a better option for me; this is my current situation.

Can you give me any guidance or suggestions to choose any other better option relateded to my field and interest. :thanks:

Civil Engineering and mining. I should have thought of this before. Strip mine reclaimation. How about the issues that arise during strip mine reclaimation projects due to different soil types and the need to account for the elevation changes because of the removal of the ore?

There has to be a mine (coal, kaolin...?) somewhere near you that you could visit that is under reclaimation, and it may only take a visit or two. Another related area that you might want to explore is the use of ecotextiles for reclaimation.

Does this sound interesting and workable?

C

Craig H.

If you can only make one site visit, and there are no mines near you under reclamation, how about the effect of erosion on different types of substrate in a mine that has been abandoned for some length of time?

This idea may be totally off base. My limited mining experience is with active mines, and especially a certain kind of stuff extracted from them.

I hope this has been at least some help.

Top Bottom