Is this Organizational Chart Adequate?

K

kmyers

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if this org chart is adequate, we are a very small company so we do not have all the departments and titles that a larger company would. I am just wodering if I have have to expand that lets say the office administrator also does AP/AR or that we don't really have a engineering department per se. Please let me know what you think as all info. is welcome.

Thanks,

Kris

Attachments

• Allied Machine & Tool, Inc. org chart 2008.ppt
    37 KB · Views: 659

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Is this Org Chart Adequate

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if this org chart is adequate, we are a very small company so we do not have all the departments and titles that a larger company would. I am just wodering if I have have to expand that lets say the office administrator also does AP/AR or that we don't really have a engineering department per se. Please let me know what you think as all info. is welcome.

Thanks,

Kris

Looks ok to me, Kris, with one exception: I would remove the names of the people in those positions. Reason: the positions will remain (usually) long after the people have moved on. In case you have turnover in these positions, the org chart won't have to be revised every time someone changes positions, gets promoted, gets fired, etc.....

Hope this helps.

K

kmyers

Thanks,

I thought it looked ok but I just wanted to make sure.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if this org chart is adequate...
Hi Kris,

Since there are no requirements for an org chart in ISO 9001 I need more information. For any document there are at least two things I need to know before I can tell if it's adequate:

1) Who will be using this document ?
2) What information do they need from it? (What's it's intended purpose?)

Reactions: db
S

shawnann

I think it looks great, although you should identify the Management representative.

We originally did not list peoples names with the titles because we have several people doing more than one job here and we wanted each "job" kept seperate. Our auditors always complained that it didn't list the peoples names, but we refused to put them in for our own reason and since it's not required they could do nothing about it. We have, however, recenlty changed ours to list the people and condense our chart to one spot per person listing their job title(s) under their name.

D

db

I really have no issue with people's names in a small organization. In many cases, folks wear, like 15 hats and employees might not know who wears each hat. For example, one company I worked with had no purchasing department, or office. Even though more than one person could buy, only one had responsibiltiy for the process. If you asked anyone, the probably could not tell you who. The org chart with names lets folks know who wears what (which?) hats.

Top Bottom