ISO9001 and "Health and Safety" Procedure Requirements

S

salland

Hello everybody,

I am reviewing our corporate QMS and I was wondering if we need to have some procedures that are describing our health and safety policy, safety plan, emergency plan, evacuation plan.... It is not clearly defined in section 6 of ISO 9001 but since it could have an impact on the product, maybe it is something which need to exist?
Do you have that in your QMS???

Thanks for your help.

Matthieu

Z

zekeQA

Re: ISO9001 and "health and safety"

Hello everybody,

I am reviewing our corporate QMS and I was wondering if we need to have some procedures that are describing our health and safety policy, safety plan, emergency plan, evacuation plan.... It is not clearly defined in section 6 of ISO 9001 but since it could have an impact on the product, maybe it is something which need to exist?
Do you have that in your QMS???

Thanks for your help.

Matthieu

Matthieu,

These things are required by many regulatory agencies, and most companies have them. However, in my opinion, having them is enough and they are best left out of the "QMS". You could address them by stating a policy to have them in your quality manual.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: ISO9001 and "health and safety"

Folks, read paragraph 0.4 of ISO 9001. It clearly states that an occupational health & safety system is outside the scope of ISO 9001. This issue has been discussed several times here. Please do a search and you will find a number of threads on this topic.

While critical, an OHSMS is not a part of a QMS, even though there are many interfaces and, for the most part, it makes sense for an OHSMS to be integrated with an EMS and a QMS, towards a meaningful business management system.

Top Bottom