6 Risks and Opportunities ISO 14001:2015

Jacquie Collins

Registered
Hi, I am writing our company's aspect and impact register and I am now complying a register of compliance obligations, am I repeating my self?

Randy

Super Moderator
Nope, apples and oranges, read the definitions in Section 3 and study the Guidance is Annex A

junior1505

Involved In Discussions
Dear Jacquie Collins,
Aspect and Impact register is different with the Legal (Compliance) Register. In AI register, you trace the activities and process to the relevant and/or prescribed legislation and the action plans towards the same. Legal (Compliance) Register is where you depict the compliance of the said rule and/or clause for specific and what, when, how you have complied with what documentation and to whom or which board. These are two different issues.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
One useful self-imposed rule is to say if an aspect is regulated then it is significant.

Then you add the regulated aspects to all the other aspects with significant beneficial and adverse environmental impacts.

You can then extend this table (conceptually or actually) to see all the process controls you need.

Randy

Super Moderator
One useful self-imposed rule is to say if an aspect is regulated then it is significant.

Then you add the regulated aspects to all the other aspects with significant beneficial and adverse environmental impacts.

You can then extend this table (conceptually or actually) to see all the process controls you need.

1 -You are so totally incorrect, just because something is regulated doesn't make it significant

2 - Adding regulated aspects to all others is not required or necessary (your creating unnecessary step that can lead to failure)

3 - There isn't even a need for a table if the organization doesn't want one.

Hey Jacquie.....refer to "Annex A.6.1 Actions to address risks and opportunities" of your 14001 standard most of your questions can be answered there.

There's no wild science, crazy math or flawless legal knowledge needed, just do what works for you that supplies the result you need

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
1 -You are so totally incorrect, just because something is regulated doesn't make it significant

We know this. That is why I said it is self-imposed.

Top Bottom