Advice Please regarding CE Marking requirements for Printing Press

S

Sharr76

Hi,

need a little advice please,

we are a UK company and we install/supply printing presses that are either manufactured in the USA or Shanghi, we issue a CE cert for the machine and all its equipment, what standards/directives should the USA or Shanghi be working to so as we are able to CE mark the machine?

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Hello

Welcome to the Cove.

I can't much help with this topic but I did expand the title to draw in mosr specific assistance.

R

robtees

Hi, i am no expert in CE Marking but have worked with information relating to it through building a website for a CE Marking company, and as far as i know through the information i have read and input for them is that CE Is purely for the European market and chances are that China has little if non requirements that are similar to CE and the US probably has some but you would need to find out from an american trade website.

I have a meeting with the company i built the site for (Laidler Associates) this week so will ask the question and try to get back to let you know, but they are a friendly bunch and if you emailed them your question i know they would certainly reply. you can visit them by searching for them on google should you wish

Cheers

Rob

A

anja03

Your question implies that you are a distributor of machines manufactured in the USA and China for export into the EU. If that is the case only the Manufacturer of those machines may apply the CE Mark. This means your USA manufacturer must have a technical file that addresses the applicable directives and the appropriate testing under the EMC and Low voltage directives. The same applies to the Chinese manufacturer.
You may wish to make a local to the DTI or the HSE in the UK. They have experienced persons on staff to answer your questions in more detail.
Cheers.
Ted

Top Bottom