Applying Lean Tools in Product Development

tahirawan11

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

I am interested in applying lean tools in Product development. The main purpose to use lean tools is to cut down product development time. We have a standard gate model for product development and we recently started using DfSS in product development. I know many compnies have successfully implemented Lean tools in manufacuturing industry that resulted in considerable cost saving but i am not aware how lean tools can effectively be used in product development. Can anyone tell me where to start, any books, articles, case studies, seminars or any personal experiances in using lean tools in product development environment.

/tahir

W

wmarhel

Re: Lean in Product Development

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where to start, any books, articles, case studies, seminars or any personal experiances in using lean tools in product development environment.

/tahir

Check out the Lean Enterprise Institute. Registration is required, but its free.

Also Productivity Press has a category on Product Development. I would recommend you find something that interests you and then check on Amazon for pricing as you can often it cheaper.

Wayne

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Wmarhel has given you one of the best place for your querry. Besides being good, the 'Lean Enterprise Institute' is free. The monthly newsletter by Jim Wommack is simply too good.

There is another site strategosinc.com which is also very informative and you may download free articles.

Umang :D

Top Bottom