Appropriate Content for Design Review Documents

Z

Zanzi

Does any one have any decent information regarding appropriate content for design review documents - I propose to use Preliminary (Concept), Crtitical (Detail) and Informal Design Review in the management system. All ideas are appreciated.

Z

Zanzi

I tend to use Design FMEA's within my system from the point of view of Design Verfications. What I'm keen to produce is a simple checklist type document to ensure we are happy that all designs are complete and suitable for manufacture. These should obviously be aligned with a the FMEA's to ensure all design input requirements are fulfilled.

J

John Swartz

Design Review Content

Does any one have any decent information regarding appropriate content for design review documents - I propose to use Preliminary (Concept), Crtitical (Detail) and Informal Design Review in the management system. All ideas are appreciated.

I ask the engineering groups to create an agenda first. It includes a review of customer requirements (kind of a contract review) to make sure nothing has slipped past, review of cross-functional design development (does part 'A' fit into part 'B'), customer concerns, and verification and validation development. We also include budgetary info on an as needed basis.

:rolleyes:

SteveTIB

SteveTIB
Design Reviews

We use a table in our Scope of Work (SOW) to identify all the "input requirements", e.g., sequence of operation, function, performance, statutory & regulatory, acceptance criteria and match "design outputs", e.g., drawings, component selctions (BOM), simulations and R&M calculations (e.g., stress analysis, R&M projections, etc.) with the input requirements. This is done station by station for a system and the design engineers initial and date each requirement's design output.

At a minimum, design reviews are conducted at contract acceptance (contract/concept design review) and prior to production release (final design review) and typically there are one or more preliminary/intermediate design reviews and a customer acceptance review.

In the attached file, the "Characteristics/Design Input Requirement#" is typically a sequence of operations with functional & performance requirements inserted as appropriate.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• design verification record.doc
    22 KB · Views: 1,897
R

Randy Stewart

Zanzi,
Take a look at this form. It is what we use for design input, R&M, etc. for a fixture design. It has been modified to work for our product & die designs also. It has become a document we use for everything from Contract Review, Design Reviews and Customer Buyoffs.
:bigwave: :evidence:

Attachments

• qf-02 defined.pdf
    194.5 KB · Views: 395
Top Bottom