AS 9102 requirement for parts that need further treatment such as Anodizing

P

PAUL_GA

Is it a requirement of AS9102 that where parts, after Forming, are required to be Anodised or alocromed that the Chemical Treatment part of the process should be included in the AS 9102 Form supplied to the Customer, OR is it satisfactory to provide a Certificate of Conformity from the sub-contract Treatments House. My view is thatwhen parts are processed through a chemical tank, eg Anodise, the Anodise solution has been changed due to the insertion of the Part. The only measure of control FOR THE PROCESS is the chemical additions controlled by the Company chemist. Therfore my opinion is that for parts follwing this process the only requirement would be a Certificate of Conformance from the Treatments Company. Any advice ??

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: As 9102 requirement

I have moved this post to this forum, since it relates to AS9102

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: As 9102 requirement

That's a special process identfied on Form 2 and IMO a cert should be sufficient.

Big Jim

Admin
Make sure you don't forget about the AS9100 "anti wank" clauses concerning responsibility of purchased product.

P

Pistonbroke

You should also consider what sort of testing is required to validate the quality of the surface finish, and include the report in with the FAI as evidence of compliance (though such a report (or reports) may well be listed on the C of C, I'd personally want to physically get hold of such documentation as part of my evidence pack).

P.S. what on earth is "Anti Wank?"

Top Bottom