AS9100 vs. ISO 9001 Comparison (Cross Reference) Matrix

R

Roopak

Hi there from New Zealand. I have recently taken over responsibility for an AS9100 system that has moved through stage 1. The company already has an established ISO9001 system. The auditor has requested "A complete crossreference between AS9100 and ISO 9001. ALL clauses to be included".
Looking at the standards, this is not a five minute job! Are there any comparison matrices out there? Would appreciate some advice here as our next audit is 10 days away:(

R

Roopak

Re: Are there any comparison matrix between AS9100 and ISO 9001?

Thanks Harry for the response. Looking through the matrix has already demystified the AS standard. Your reply has been a significant help. Also thanks to the guy who created the matrix~! a huge scary task indeed !
Cheers
Nigel

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator

Hi there from New Zealand. I have recently taken over responsibility for an AS9100 system that has moved through stage 1. The company already has an established ISO9001 system. The auditor has requested "A complete crossreference between AS9100 and ISO 9001. ALL clauses to be included".

Hi there! Why does your auditor want a complete cross reference between AS9100 and ISO9001? :confused:

There is AS9100 clause 4.2.2 b) which requires that the relationship between the requirements of the standard and your documented procedures be shown - is that what he asked for?

R

Roopak

Hi Cari. The short answer is 'I don't know!' I was quoting directly from the previous audit report left with the company. Now that you have given me a reference, I will ask the auditor when he turns up.

I am wondering Cari (or others out there) can you help with another question from the previous audit report regarding internal audits. I quote from the report.. "Detailed tools (check sheets) must be developed to support audit consistency and also to be used to measure the effectiveness of the internal audits and organisational performance". From your industry experience, are checksheets and scoring systems used? Are there examples of checksheets and scoring systems around that I can review and adapt?
Thanks Nigel

R

Roopak

Thanks Randy for your comment. Perhaps the auditor left this requirement in his report as he felt the QA Manager at the time hadn't made the connection between the standards? I will ask him when he next turns up.
Cheers
Nigel

gard2372

Quite Involved in Discussions
Why not tell him to look at AS9100 because all of 9001 is contained in it.

I agree with Randy. I'm sure you already have the AS9100 Rev B standard in front of you correct?

Well if so, turn to page -7- and read Section 1.1 General: It says at the end of the 2nd sentence that "The additional aerospace requirements are shown in bold, italic text."

So you already have the ISO 9001:2000 standard and lcauses, so just go over the Italic Bold additions :read:

Rob

J

Jeff Frost

The tools and techniques requirement of AS9100 is requiring that your audit process provide an accurate reflection of the audit process and the organizations performance. The process tool should be effective at discovering weaknesses within the system before it has a negative affect on product.

The origination should pay attention to contract and/or regulatory requirements for internal QMS audit that are imposed. These tools could be checklists, process flowcharts, comparison of results of internal audits vs. external audits, and the needs of your organization top management.

Top Bottom