AS9100D Work Transfer Plan Analysis

TacitBlue

Involved In Discussions
As a Compliance Manager, what are the areas I should focus on when reviewing received proposed work transfer plans?

For example, our Production Program manager creates the work transfer plans and submits them to the Quality Manager and me for review and approval. However, I am new at this job, and I am not 100% on the areas of each work transfer plan that I should be mostly paying attention to.

Are there key areas I should focus?

Background: I am a Compliance Manager responsible for managing AS9100D internal audits, document control, and regulatory/statutory requirements.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Are these transfers from make-in-house to buy-from-supplier?

If so, as a compliance guy, I might look at whether the proposed supplier has the qualifications required such as QMS, EMS, NADCAP, end-customer approvals, etc? Can they meet the FARs? ITAR/EAR requirements?

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Like a move from an engineering lab to high-volume production? Maybe if you provide an example more people would respond.

TacitBlue

Involved In Discussions
Production, moving production from one site to another, internally within the company. Production could include minor work to major work.

Last edited:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
I'm gonna assume these different sites are not all on one campus but in different states or maybe even in different countries?

From a compliance standpoint, my concerns would probably be the same as if I were sending to another (unrelated) company.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
How often do you transfer work? Are you talking about moving a production line, or moving product to the next operation?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
As a Compliance Manager, what are the areas I should focus on when reviewing received proposed work transfer plans?
In the US alone, we have close to 9,000 AS9100 certified organizations. My guess is that 98% (or more) do not have in their organizational chart a "compliance manager" position. So, your job function is unique to your organization and if there are specific responsibilities for the position concerning work transfer, your job description and/or your line manager should be able to tell you.

In a previous thread, I have already steered you to the guidance material contained in the IAQG SCMH website concerning work transfers. The AS9100 Standard and the guidance material tells you WHAT needs to be done. Who does it, inside an organization, is unique to that entity.

Top Bottom