AS9115 - Aerospace QMS Standard for Deliverable Software

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
The IAQG supported document AS9115, international version of the Americas AS9006 document is being balloted. I believe the goal is to discontinue AS9006, once AS9115 is released. No decisions (that I am aware of) at this time about turning this into a certifiable norm.
Foreword

This document standardizes, to the greatest extent possible, the software quality management system requirements for the aviation, space and defense industries. This was accomplished through the harmonization of quality management system requirements from international aviation, space and defense software standards and other applicable documents. The establishment of common requirements for use at all levels of the supply-chain by organizations around the world should result in improved quality, schedule and cost performance by the reduction or elimination of organization-unique requirements and wider application of good practice.

Summary/Rationale

This document is the initial release of 9115 and is used as a supplement to 9100 to clarify the corresponding 9100 requirements, as necessary, for deliverable software. Where clarification is needed, is necessary in some cases to decompose "shall" statements in 9100 into more granular requirements due to the complexity of software. Where no software clarification is required of the 9100 paragraph, the following phrase will be presented: "The requirements of 9100 apply. No clarification required for software."
The 9115 document supersedes AS9006, Deliverable Aerospace Software Supplement for AS9100A, Quality Management Systems – Aerospace – Requirements for Software published in March 2003.
NOTE: This document must be used in conjunction with 9100; references throughout the text to 9100 are understood to mean 9100:2009.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: AS9115 is being balloted - AS QMS Standard for deliverable software

Thanks for the info. I've been telling software people that this was in the works for quite some time. Hopefully it will be available soon, and won't hit any roadblocks like another IAQG standard we're all aware of... :rolleyes:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

The SAE website still sells AS9006 in addition to AS9115. Is there any official word about if AS9006 is "dying" or if AS9115 officially supersedes AS9006?

:thanx:

Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

From AS9115:
Summary/Rationale
This document is the initial release of 9115 and is used as a supplement to 9100 to clarify the corresponding 9100 requirements, as necessary, for deliverable software. Where clarification is needed, it is necessary in some cases to decompose “shall” statements in 9100 into more granular requirements due to the complexity of software. Where no software clarification is required of the 9100 paragraph, the following phrase will be presented: "The requirements of 9100 apply. No clarification required for software."
The 9115 document supersedes AS9006, Deliverable Aerospace Software Supplement for AS9100A, Quality Management Systems – Aerospace – Requirements for Software published in March 2003.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

We now have AS9115 "guidance material" at the IAQG Supply Chain Management Handbook.

I just received this email and thought of sharing with those of you who have embedded software and an AS9100 AQMS.
Hello,

I am pleased to announce the publication of the 9115 Software guidance material.
The 9115 materials include the following;
• Introduction
• 9115 FAQs
• Examples of using 9100 with 9115 support
• Defining good software requirements
• Recommended skill requirements
• Training Aid for Software Audits -audit scenarios
• Software measures and metrics
• Software safety and security

This is free for your use throughout your Supply Chain.
You may access the material immediately by heading to the Supply Chain Management Handbook SCMH at www.iaqg.org/scmh and then proceed to Chapter 3.3.

You may receive multiple emails if you are listed on both the IAQG roster and a sector roster, if you have received this in error please forward to the appropriate representative from your company if at all possible.

Sincerely,
Susan Armstrong
IAQG/SCMH Project Manager

B

Bluebluesman

I have just purchased a copy of 9115 with the view of strengthening our software processes. Saw your link to the IAQG and found the information really useful. Thanks.:agree1:

D

DLaRue

I am reviewing some software quality document and they have referenced some FAA regulations which have been canceled by more current regulations. I have come to AC21.43 which reference the AS9006 but do not reference the AS9115. I have been to the SAE website and located the AS9006 and the AS9006A (status is stabilized) and I have found the AS9115 but I do not have a direct path from the currently referenced AC to the AS9115. Is there some document or sign posting that I am missing to bridge the gap? I have seen the "The 9115 document supersedes AS9006" on the AS9115 but the AS9006 does not indicate the supersedence. Is there a traceable link to the AS9115 document from the AS9006?

michellemmm

Quest For Quality

I am reviewing some software quality document and they have referenced some FAA regulations which have been canceled by more current regulations. I have come to AC21.43 which reference the AS9006 but do not reference the AS9115. I have been to the SAE website and located the AS9006 and the AS9006A (status is stabilized) and I have found the AS9115 but I do not have a direct path from the currently referenced AC to the AS9115. Is there some document or sign posting that I am missing to bridge the gap? I have seen the "The 9115 document supersedes AS9006" on the AS9115 but the AS9006 does not indicate the supersedence. Is there a traceable link to the AS9115 document from the AS9006?

Very interesting...I guess the guys who write these requirements/guidelines/standards do not follow their own advise/directives. Maybe the traceability you are seeking is kept under CC3**. ie their desktops ..LOL

** (Control Category 3 doesn't exist in DO178B)

K

KanKH

There is now a new version called AS9006A approved in 2013. Does it supercede AS9115?

There is also a Work-in-progress version called AS9115A. Very confusing why there are 2 versions?

Thanks

Top Bottom