ASQ Storytime Event - Tell Us a Story

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
I thought TWEF was "the whole enchilada fiesta" haha but regardless, I signed up! I'm interested to hear what people have to say across multiple platforms. I'm still relatively new to quality, and I'm always willing to learn new things if I can.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
I did participate in the event. It was rather fun to talk with folks, hear a few stories, tell a story. A good thing about the organization is they do believe in balancing use of the data with the human perspective. Rather much like Dr. Deming's System of Profound Knowledge. Too often I see approaches that are one or the other, but not a melding. A bit of a light turnout but the group has promise in my opinion.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
huh. This is from almost a year ago and I just noticed I'm getting emails to participate in "myASQ"... what's that all about? Honestly, I'm not active as the local chapter's meeting times have always been bad for me (yes - I used to make suggestions to change up days every few months but they were never heeded so I stopped bothering) but maintain my membership for discounts.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
This group ended up folding at the end of last year as the existing officers were dismayed at lack of support by ASQ in the endeavour. I was not willing to carry the burden, so we did close that effort.

MyASQ is the latest attempt by ASQ to come up with something that, well, is as palatable as the Cove. They have not succeeded, from what I can tell.

One interesting thing - I got a note that the "third party candidate" for a senior ASQ position won their election. Perhaps this may lead to a different strategy by ASQ, but I suspect that thrying to overcome the intertia of the staffers (we be here before you, we be here after you) will be a big challenge.

normhowe

Involved In Discussions
huh. This is from almost a year ago and I just noticed I'm getting emails to participate in "myASQ"... what's that all about? Honestly, I'm not active as the local chapter's meeting times have always been bad for me (yes - I used to make suggestions to change up days every few months but they were never heeded so I stopped bothering) but maintain my membership for discounts.
I think Steve Prevette captured my sentiments in his reply. I don't know why you're getting emails from myASQ.

Randy

Super Moderator
I dropped ASQ mainly because the various chapters I attended in California and Arkansas were as tantalizing and interesting as dried up cabbage leaves in an unattended landfill.

Top Bottom