Candidates for the most "Rube Goldberg" award in Documentation

M

Mauri

I try to keep it simple and to the point when possible. Having said that, our recall procedure just grew from 2 pages to 7.
The worst that I have come across, although not WI or procedures really, are the legalese documents on government websites. :( I find it takes a lot of concentration to try and follow what they are saying. Best done in a room by yourself about mid-morning when I'm the widest awake of any time during the day.

S

somerqc

Yes - training is very effective in First Aid.

Unfortunately, due to the government regulations - if we want to show due diligence should it ever come up we need to show that it is documented and that personnel were communicated and trained in that documented procedure.

Don't ask - sounds like make-work project for H&S consultants to me - but hey whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JRKH

Yes - training is very effective in First Aid.

Unfortunately, due to the government regulations - if we want to show due diligence should it ever come up we need to show that it is documented and that personnel were communicated and trained in that documented procedure.

Don't ask - sounds like make-work project for H&S consultants to me - but hey whatever.

This just made me think of the HR system that stipulates an employee be given 3 verbal warnings, and then two written warnings. Then it is required that the "verbal" warnings be "documented" and signed off (just like the "written warnings".

Peace
James

S

somerqc

Yep....straight out of Dilbert.

I got reminded today of the the Grand Poohba of overdocumentation. The same person that created the First Aid monster created a 20+ pg SOP on how to....

safely operate a SNOW BLOWER!!! Ironically, we had little to no snow this year and it was never used...but why couldn't the rather detailed manual provided by the manufacturer be used for this purpose?
:frust::frust::frust::frust::frust:

Now I wonder if I would get a verbal verbal, verbal written, written written, note to file, initial warning, intermediate warning, final warning, initial suspension, suspension, or termination for mentioning this.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JRKH

Yep....straight out of Dilbert.

I got reminded today of the the Grand Poohba of overdocumentation. The same person that created the First Aid monster created a 20+ pg SOP on how to....

safely operate a SNOW BLOWER!!! Ironically, we had little to no snow this year and it was never used...but why couldn't the rather detailed manual provided by the manufacturer be used for this purpose?
:frust::frust::frust::frust::frust:

Now I wonder if I would get a verbal verbal, verbal written, written written, note to file, initial warning, intermediate warning, final warning, initial suspension, suspension, or termination for mentioning this.... ;)

:lmao::bonk:

Got to watch out for those manufacturer instructions though.

I bought a phone years ago that gave these instructions for making a call.

1) Lift receiver ..... (so far so good)
2) Dial number .... (It was a push button phone)
3) When finished, hang up .... (huh????)

If I followed these instructions would I ever be able to complete a call?? :bonk:

Peace
James

D

ddunn

Several years back I baught a VCR player. All of the installation and operation instructions were on a VHS tape.:bonk:

I guess they wanted to save paper.

Top Bottom