Conflict Minerals - A question on Scope

qu1nn

Involved In Discussions
Conflict Minerals

The company I work for sells lots of varied product.

So far we only know of 1 publicly traded company that has requested DRC information from us.

Does the research for Conflict Minerals have to extend into other product lines that the publicly traded company is not involved? (ie product that they don't purchase)?

or can the research, plan, and paperwork (ie completed EICCGeSI form) be specific for that one publicly traded company?

regards
Qu1nn

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
It only applies to public traded companies. If you make something for one you will need to be in compliance and only what they buy. Your customers may require it regardless. Typical things that may contain 3TG:

coatings
metal components
copper wire
fabric
foam
light bulbs
paint
plastics
electronics
flame retardents
anti-microbial
LCD

It is all about due diligence and making sure you keep a check on your suppliers. What industry are you in?

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Conflict Minerals

So far we only know of 1 publicly traded company that has requested DRC information from us.

Does the research for Conflict Minerals have to extend into other product lines that the publicly traded company is not involved? (ie product that they don't purchase)?

or can the research, plan, and paperwork (ie completed EICCGeSI form) be specific for that one publicly traded company?

regards
Qu1nn

In my experience, no. Only for product you supply to that company. Items/material you don't supply to them are outside of their supply chain.

Best bet, of course, is to make sure you don't use any conflict minerals at all so it's the same answer for everyone.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Conflict Minerals

regards
Qu1nn

The short answer is No.

Also you may get inquiries from non publicly traded customer who supply publicly traded companies.

At this time it is NOT illegal to have 3T+T from the conflict areas, however due diligence is required to determine this.

Top Bottom